Zmax for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.
I wanted to start this thread for those interested in any cleaning abilities of zmax.....I know, I know.
The way I figure it is... at one time GM issued a TSB for using zmax to clean those grubby Northstar engines. So I am going to try it.
I intend to take pictures ever few hundred Kms. V filler hole and dipstick.
If you don't like zmax great......you are not alone. This thread should not be of interest to you.

I'm not looking for mpg,s..... just cleaning of lots of varnish and gummed up ring packs from the ****ty honda vcm system. It's disabled now.
2015 honda odyssey with 90k miles.

I really wanted to try the hyper lubricant....but shipping to Canada and customs makes it a no go.....shipping is more expensive than 2 bottles of the stuff.

Thanks.
1st round Pictures will be posted later today.

Good luck with that...

I've got folding money, serious folding money, that says that snake oil won't actually clean anything.

If I were you, and I wanted to clean an engine, I would use an engine cleaner, and HPL makes a good one, not some snake oil that has zero cleaning ability.

But that's just me...

Is "cleaning" even one of their claims? They have so many different products I may have missed one that claims cleaning.

But their claim that the product "soaks into metal" is enough to ward off anyone that knows anything about physics. This should be the head on the stick outside of the village that makes you turn back.

Hi everyone.
I wanted to start this thread for those interested in any cleaning abilities of zmax.....I know, I know.
The way I figure it is... at one time GM issued a TSB for using zmax to clean those grubby Northstar engines. So I am going to try it.
I intend to take pictures ever few hundred Kms. V filler hole and dipstick.
If you don't like zmax great......you are not alone. This thread should not be of interest to you.

I'm not looking for mpg,s..... just cleaning of lots of varnish and gummed up ring packs from the ****ty honda vcm system. It's disabled now.
2015 honda odyssey with 90k miles.

I really wanted to try the hyper lubricant....but shipping to Canada and customs makes it a no go.....shipping is more expensive than 2 bottles of the stuff.

Thanks.
1st round Pictures will be posted later today.
You need to pull the valve cover to get an accurate picture of the sludge or varnish condition of the valve train area. Looking down the oil fill is not good enough.

There are many threads/suggestions here on cleaners/flush.
BrocL - who typically bought 100k+ vehicles liked BG109 …
Here is a past thread on the subject …

I bought ZMax when I was 19 years old, and everything in the world was new and exciting to me. Even back then, it cost ~$35. Plus, I saw Carroll Shelby on their commercials.

Now I know better.

It would be like buying Slick 50...

Good luck with that...

I've got folding money, serious folding money, that says that snake oil won't actually clean anything.

If I were you, and I wanted to clean an engine, I would use an engine cleaner, and HPL makes a good one, not some snake oil that has zero cleaning ability.

But that's just me...

It will actually clean something, it will clean out your Wallet.

Use a pint of this instead in a quality detergent oil and do a couple short 2500 mile OCI.back to back:

polyol_ester_oil_poe-68.jpg

Or, as mentioned... HPL EC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back