RIP Nichelle Nichols

whispered: ' ..... in the end it will be....... Denny Crane. !! ! '
I'm betting on George Takei. Shatner is 91 at this point and I think George is thinner than Walter although George and Walter are about 85. Shatner is way overweight, I'm surprised he made it to 91.

The feud between George and Shatner is funny sometimes though. When Shatner went into space George said

“So 90-years-old is going to show a great deal more on the wear and tear on the human body, so he’ll be a good specimen to study,” Takei said, “Although he’s not the fittest specimen of 90-years-old, so he’ll be a specimen that’s unfit!”

As for Nichols, she's been unwell for a while so it's not unexpected but sad nevertheless.

I'm betting on George Takei. Shatner is 91 at this point and I think George is thinner than Walter although George and Walter are about 85. Shatner is way overweight, I'm surprised he made it to 91.

The feud between George and Shatner is funny sometimes though. When Shatner went into space George said

“So 90-years-old is going to show a great deal more on the wear and tear on the human body, so he’ll be a good specimen to study,” Takei said, “Although he’s not the fittest specimen of 90-years-old, so he’ll be a specimen that’s unfit!”

As for Nichols, she's been unwell for a while so it's not unexpected but sad nevertheless.
I find it interesting that William Shatner hasn’t made any kind of hateful, insulting, or condescending remarks about George Takei that I can find. He’s only responded to remarks by George. George Takei on the other hand, has said so many hateful, insulting, and condescending remarks about William Shatner to anyone who will listen.
Shatner admits to being an actor and not being best friends with these guys, he did his part, said his lines, and moved on. He did have a good relationship with Deforest Kelly and Leonard Nimoy, the latter seemed to fall apart just before Nimoy’s death. To this day, it seems that Shatner doesn’t understand why.
When it comes to these guys, it seems to me that the one slinging mud (Takei), is the one being petty.

I find it interesting that William Shatner hasn’t made any kind of hateful, insulting, or condescending remarks about George Takei that I can find. He’s only responded to remarks by George. George Takei on the other hand, has said so many hateful, insulting, and condescending remarks about William Shatner to anyone who will listen.
Shatner admits to being an actor and not being best friends with these guys, he did his part, said his lines, and moved on. He did have a good relationship with Deforest Kelly and Leonard Nimoy, the latter seemed to fall apart just before Nimoy’s death. To this day, it seems that Shatner doesn’t understand why.
When it comes to these guys, it seems to me that the one slinging mud (Takei), is the one being petty.
I'm not really sure what to make of it. But George does somewhat have a point. Shatner always hogged the spotlight and there's mention of him adjusting some scenes so that only he was in it and not some of his castmates.

I'm not really sure what to make of it. But George does somewhat have a point. Shatner always hogged the spotlight and there's mention of him adjusting some scenes so that only he was in it and not some of his castmates.
I get that to a certain degree, but since that time, Shatner has not gone out of his way to put George down to everyone who will listen to him. Even Shatner admits to being overbearing and so focused on the work that he comes across that way and admits his faults. He hasn’t gone out of his way to throw his cast mates under the bus in the way that Takei has done to him though. That speaks volumes to me. I’m sure that Takei is a decent guy in most situations, but he needs to let it go.

RIP Nichelle Nichols. The scene in Star Trek 6 where she’s chatting up the Klingons while reading the translation from a book is great!

She was a class act, and Star Trek OS was special series because of actors like her. I hate the hear of the bickering of them as they all were a part of such a monumental series thats still popular today.

RIP and thank you Lieutenant Uhura!

Very lovely woman. She added a lot to the crew of the Enterprise. RIP Lt. Uhuru.

Uhuru.jpg

I get that to a certain degree, but since that time, Shatner has not gone out of his way to put George down to everyone who will listen to him. Even Shatner admits to being overbearing and so focused on the work that he comes across that way and admits his faults. He hasn’t gone out of his way to throw his cast mates under the bus in the way that Takei has done to him though. That speaks volumes to me. I’m sure that Takei is a decent guy in most situations, but he needs to let it go.

RIP Nichelle Nichols. The scene in Star Trek 6 where she’s chatting up the Klingons while reading the translation from a book is great!
Well I'm sure George has his reasons, maybe he hasn't gotten enough payback yet. Shatner and Nimoy were also friends but Nimoy didn't speak to Shatner in his last 5 years before he died.

Has anyone watched Strange New Worlds? There's a rebooted Uhuru character in that show too.

Very lovely woman. She added a lot to the crew of the Enterprise. RIP Lt. Uhuru.

View attachment 110634
Well I'm sure George has his reasons, maybe he hasn't gotten enough payback yet. Shatner and Nimoy were also friends but Nimoy didn't speak to Shatner in his last 5 years before he died.

Has anyone watched Strange New Worlds? There's a rebooted Uhuru character in that show too.
Nit-picky but...
Uhura, not Uhuru...
I'm a fan of all the NuTrek stuff.
Really like Mount's version of Pike.

There was a TV series that ran one season in 1963-64 called The Lieutenant that was produced by Gene Roddenberry and starred Gary Lockwood and Robert Vaughn. Most of the episodes are on YouTube. A lot of the guest stars later appeared on Star Trek including Lockwood. One scene that cracked me up was when Lockwood's character's middle name was revealed as Tiberius, which of course was also what the "T" in James T. Kirk stood for.

Nichelle Nichols made her first TV appearance in an episode entitled To Set It Right which also co-starred Dennis Hopper. It dealt with racial issues and was never broadcast due to concerns by the network. Here is a short clip. I saw the entire episode a few months ago but can't find it again for some reason.

a show that i enjoyed for years as well as well as the next generation version, so many options only limited by the writers imagination!! she was great as were many other characters + its great to NOT see obesity thats so common with todays generation!! hopefully some day our generation will learn how + what to eat for best health + longevity!! their outfits were surely best worn by fit + trim actors!!

Back