RIP Larry Junstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost another rocker today too, Larry Junstrom. He was the original bass player in Lynyrd Skynyrd back in the 60's but he left Skynyrd before their first album came out. He was also the original bass player in 38 Special from their beginning until 2014. I grew up listening to both Skynyrd and 38 Special just about on a daily basis, and I still listen to them pretty often now.

I never got to see Skynyrd play live but I did see 38 Special in 1984 at the UTC Roundhouse Arena in Chattanooga. It was a great show with just a real fat Southern boogie-rock sound. I believe Huey Lewis and the News were the opening act that night and they were good too. It is so sad to see these great rock musicians dying and leaving us lately.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/larry-junstrom-38-special-lynyrd-skynyrd-dies/

Originally Posted by Jimmy9190
We lost another rocker today too, Larry Junstrom. He was the original bass player in Lynyrd Skynyrd back in the 60's but he left Skynyrd before their first album came out. He was also the original bass player in 38 Special from their beginning until 2014. I grew up listening to both Skynyrd and 38 Special just about on a daily basis, and I still listen to them pretty often now.

I never got to see Skynyrd play live but I did see 38 Special in 1984 at the UTC Roundhouse Arena in Chattanooga. It was a great show with just a real fat Southern boogie-rock sound. I believe Huey Lewis and the News were the opening act that night and they were good too. It is so sad to see these great rock musicians dying and leaving us lately.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/larry-junstrom-38-special-lynyrd-skynyrd-dies/

Just days ago I watched "If I leave here tomorrow" and Larry was interviewed for this documentary. I had never heard of him prior and had no idea he played with Skynyrd but in the doc he talked about why he had to leave.

Always loved Skynyrd and always will. By far, my most favorite band. RIP, Larry.

I saw Skynyrd pretty much every time they came to the Bay Area. And they were a Bay Area favorite.
RIP Sir.
Thanks for the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back