Right rear wheel bearing replacement 09’ Camry LE

Good Afternoon BITOGERS 🇺🇸🇨🇦

The ole’ 09’ Camry ABS light was on for a long while, and the right rear wheel bearing was humming audibly as of late. PB Blaster is your friend. Took me all of 45~ minutes to replace the hub assembly. $98 was Toyota OEM “work account” price so not terrible. Had extra tub of anti seize and some different grades of sand paper. Not as rusty, scummy underneath as I thought. There were 4 14mm bolts holding hub in. 4 solid hits from my “mini 6lb Kobalt sledge” knocked the old hub right out. ABS LIGHT was on because the old connection point on the hub bearing was broken inside hub.

All in all this was easier than I thought. Co worker and I had shop manual handy as I found the torque spec there.

Thought I would share, all went well; then took my co worker to Rural King; we took highway, quiet as quiet can be at 50-65~ mph.

In second photo, plastic piece I busted off after removing the old connnector piece.

I was planning to take the old wheel bearing to work tomorrow and add to the “scrap pile” but our local junk/scrap man “Mr. John Bushmein takes scrap 7 days a week. Win/win for all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 66
Now time to relax. GO BENGALS; errr…… I mean Browns!

Attachments

• 65DD07A3-9EAE-417E-BA53-A588BDA26C43.jpeg
    65DD07A3-9EAE-417E-BA53-A588BDA26C43.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 9
Back