Richard Branson’s company Virgin Orbit goes bankrupt.

Businesses go bankrupt . It is a thing that happens. Some times taking the chance works out and some times it doesn't.

most of these people started these space companies only out of envy. just like when you buy a nice car and the neighbour buy a bigger, nicer car. they envy elon, but they forgot elon has a vision and a goal. he really wants to move humanity forward. these clowns like bezos and branson only do it because of their ego's. that is why their miserable space companies will never reach the stars.

most of these people started these space companies only out of envy. just like when you buy a nice car and the neighbour buy a bigger, nicer car. they envy elon, but they forgot elon has a vision and a goal. he really wants to move humanity forward. these clowns like bezos and branson only do it because of their ego's. that is why their miserable space companies will never reach the stars.
Branson is not a dodo .

Bozo was a Clown not bezos, then again if you take the S and E out of Bezos name!

SpaceX and Virgin Galactic are roughly the same age, this wasn't some recent envious spawn.

Virgin Galactic was setup to pursue "space tourism" in 2004, while SpaceX hadn't announced plans to pursue human-rated commercial space travel until a year later in 2005.

Virgin Orbit, the satellite launching spin-off from Virgin Galactic and LauncherOne, their launch system for launching things into orbit was developed starting in 2007, roughly in parallel with SpaceX, which almost went bankrupt due to their early failed launches. Their 4th launch was successful and a NASA contract brought the company back from the brink and we see the success of that today.

Last edited:
Call it ego, competitiveness, maybe even envy (though I doubt it, probably more of 'I can do better') etc. but whatever it is, it is the driving force behind a lot of innovation...and wealth creation for many. Bezos and Branson have, on their own, also accomplished more than most ever will....and good for them.

Last edited:
Call it ego, competitiveness, maybe even envy (though I doubt it, probably more of 'I can do better') etc. but whatever it is, it is the driving force behind a lot of innovation...and wealth creation for many. Bezos and Branson have, on their own, also accomplished more than most ever will....and good for them.

Yep. Same reason why very wealthy people buy a pro sports team or run for politics.

Ego needs to be satisfied and that platform will give them more visibility.

So far the big giant head seems to be wrapped up in Twitter land. Honestly I don't think he really has ever wanted to " move humanity forward " it's a schtick. He reminds me of Marshall Applewhite only with more money. Every new "improvement " at Tesla be it technology or batteries has made their products less environmentally friendly. Oh yeah Tesla was 6 weeks till bankruptcy and barely survived. Mars won't be happening any time in the distant future. If it does musk probably won't be involved. He's here to sell you a vehicle, a junky solar roof and laugh all the way to the bank.

Back