Review of GM Motor Club Roadside (Better than AAA)

I used AAA to tow vehicles home twice, and it was on the same weekend. The joy of owning older vehicles! One needed a head gasket and the other needed a crankshaft position sensor. Good thing I had another vehicle to drive. Neither occasion was much of an issue other then the wait. The vehicle with the defective crankshaft position sensor was a coupe of blocks from home, and they did show up in a reasonably time frame, which was good since I was blocking someone's driveway.
🙄 Lol. I guess you weren't the only one, also whoever owned the spot you had blocked was counting on AAA !
Unfortunately we don't have it here in Canada, we have a close version with CAA but it's not economical if you signed up with CAA Plus that covers you when out of province and in US.

A few years ago I was using AAA frequently. They do tow your car from repair facility to home or home to facility, at least back then, and they do force you to wait a day or two before you can use it after signing up. With an old car that's iffy this is pretty useful, but to be honest 5 miles towing is probably only enough to get you off the parking lot or accident site, you will need the 100 miles towing if you need a real tow service.

The trick is if you are not in a pinch, you can upgrade / downgrade your service before and after, they figure people abuse signing up not upgrade downgrade. The bad is, they do not have battery replacement these days, just jump start your car and tell you to get a battery elsewhere instead. They also used to charge you battery core charge but won't take your old battery away to refund you.

I called GM and they called a tow truck. Was there in 20 minutes

Tow trucks show up in only 20 minutes??? Your credibility is shot right there!
Nice necro bump, almost 9 years later.

Depends where you are. I broke down once on the highway and pulled over near an exit. The tow truck showed up in about 10 minutes.

They do all the high priority calls first. Otherwise if you're waiting in a parking lot, could be 2-3 hours.

Back