Reputable laptop battery vendors?

Hi all,

I ordered a replacement battery for my Lenovo from laptopbatterydirect. The looked like a legit company but now have reservations as my package was last tracked to Whittier California on October 26th. I ordered a replacement battery 6-7 years ago and it was easy. Not sure who is good anymore. All help appreciated.

What’s the part number on it?

When I was the IT Equipment guy at work I ordered real Lenovo batteries from Amazon. Worked good

Hi all,

I ordered a replacement battery for my Lenovo from laptopbatterydirect. The looked like a legit company but now have reservations as my package was last tracked to Whittier California on October 26th. I ordered a replacement battery 6-7 years ago and it was easy. Not sure who is good anymore. All help appreciated.
Which shipper? If it's USPS their shipping times and tracking accuracy is all over the place nowadays.

Wife and I recently received and anniversary card from a relative only two states away and it took nearly three weeks to get here. YMMV.

I don't understand your question. I mean if a shipper misroutes a package or loses it, that has nothing to do with the reputability of the merchant except in unusual cases where they mixed up shipping labels but it's usually automated to the point where if you get a tracking # it is tied in a database to the right address so it's not nearly as likely as putting label on wrong package so if the shipper does its jobs, you receive without delay but what you receive is the wrong part.

What does the tracking show for the package? Delivered or just sitting at a location pending further delivery steps? This should guide you on what to do next. If it stays MIA I would contact the seller to see what they state, then based on that potentially wait a little longer then contact the seller and demand refund or reship. If it shows delivered (to wrong address) then seller opens a claim with the shipper for a refund and up to seller to make you whole then or wait for that investigation which usually only takes a couple days unless it is USPS then who knows.

USPS has been very spotty for me recently, I wouldn't use them for anything time sensitive or valuable, say worth more than $25 if that.

It's odd. It was shipped Initially via DHL, at which Point it was supposed to be picked up via usps. It still says waiting on pick-up from Whittier California. Maybe calling to see if anything was actually picked up.

It's odd. It was shipped Initially via DHL, at which Point it was supposed to be picked up via usps. It still says waiting on pick-up from Whittier California. Maybe calling to see if anything was actually picked up.

That's an agreement carriers have with the USPS, they take care of the last delivery step. It's an economy service and the last step sometimes takes a few days.

I've seen companies in California that you ship your old battery module, and they disassemble and put in fresh cells. They do the same thing for cordless drills.

Back