Repo gone wrong.

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted by dogememe
that could have ended up very dangerous... dodge quality strikes again lol.

Dodge doesn't build the truck, it's a Ram technically. Also what in this situation that broke was made by Ram? Rear axle is AAM, driveshaft is Spicer, transmission is Aisin. Troll your FCA hate elsewhere.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted by dogememe
that could have ended up very dangerous... dodge quality strikes again lol.

Dodge doesn't build the truck, it's a Ram technically. Also what in this situation that broke was made by Ram? Rear axle is AAM, driveshaft is Spicer, transmission is Aisin. Troll your FCA hate elsewhere.

Truck powertrains, save for gas engines are as close to COTS as a layperson can get - AAM used to a part of GM, Dana supplies the Detroit 3 and the major bus/truck OEMs(the Daimler/Volvo companies, PACCAR, New Flyer, ad nasueum) and that Aisin tranny is used in Isuzu and Hino cabovers as well.

Only thing FCA did in-house was the body and interior as well as the systems integration.

What people don't understand is if a vehicle is sold at auction from a repo it is classified as income. This could put you in a higher tax bracket. I volunteered had my Tacoma repoed while wife was fighting cancer then years later i get a letter from IRS i owe taxes on sale of my truck.

What people don't understand is if a vehicle is sold at auction from a repo it is classified as income. This could put you in a higher tax bracket. I volunteered had my Tacoma repoed while wife was fighting cancer then years later i get a letter from IRS i owe taxes on sale of my truck.
Nice thread bump but I think the difference is that you probably had to pay taxes on what was written off, not what they got at auction. Basically if you owed 20k and they only got 5k, then you had 15k in income, not that you owe taxes on the 5k they made. You're basically taxed on whatever they wrote off.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Now that's quite the story! I hate deadbeats, repomen and banks that extend credit at ridiculous terms to people that shouldn't have any credit...so everyone except you lost on this deal and I call that a win.

Honestly, blocking it in because they know it's gonna be repoed isn't cool, but I disagree that people shouldn't be offered credit. I have lousy credit but I haven't missed a single payment on my 2010 Escape.
Bad credit can hit any one any time. My dad had stellar credit in the 90's then my mom got cancer. It started with skin cancer a she was in remission for a bit, then she got breast cancer that metasticised to bone cancer. My moms insurance wouldnt pay because they said it was a pre existing condition, while he fought the insurance my mom needed treatment so he had to pay cash, cancer treatment is very expensive so after draining his retirement and selling both of his rental properties he started falling behind on some bills which destroyed his credit, he had to make a descion pay for my moms meds of pay the phone. What would you do if this was your spouse or child? Would you call that a deadbeat? Before my mom got sick he had never missed a payment, in fact all the utility companies returned his deposit. One event can change you life completely, learn the facts before you judge.

I can understand how the driver got in a hurry to get out of there. Some people are not very happy seeing their vehicle getting towed away. The person probably had a run of bad luck that made the vehicle get repossessed. I see a lot of comments about car lots being full of vehicles. Actually there is a shortage of lots of cars and trucks and some companies are not letting people buy out their lease returns. The economy is actually doing very good and there are lots of jobs out there. I see way too much negativity in some of these comments. The car lots and financial institutions are in very good shape right now.

Back