Replacement for Simply Auto mileage logging app?

wwillson

Staff member
I've been using and paying for the Simply Auto app for a couple years. In that time frame twice I've had data loss. The first time was a single fill that had an extra digit in the miles, my mistake, but I couldn't edit the data, which also prevented me from adding additional fills. I sent an email to support and it took three weeks of back and forth on a simple request to correct the miles in one fill-up. Their email responses were up to 5 day apart, which is unacceptable. The second issue, which occurred a couple days ago, is a database problem and is a deal-killer for me. All fuel logs from two of my vehicles are completely gone. I logged onto my account via a browser and the data is missing from there too. I don't have a backup, my fault, but there is no excuse for them to lose data and not response to support requests. I don't trust this app any more and it's time to move on.

Can someone please recommend a stable mileage logging app?

I've been using and paying for the Simply Auto app for a couple years. In that time frame twice I've had data loss. The first time was a single fill that had an extra digit in the miles, my mistake, but I couldn't edit the data, which also prevented me from adding additional fills. I sent an email to support and it took three weeks of back and forth on a simple request to correct the miles in one fill-up. Their email responses were up to 5 day apart, which is unacceptable. The second issue, which occurred a couple days ago, is a database problem and is a deal-killer for me. All fuel logs from two of my vehicles are completely gone. I logged onto my account via a browser and the data is missing from there too. I don't have a backup, my fault, but there is no excuse for them to lose data and not response to support requests. I don't trust this app any more and it's time to move on.

Can someone please recommend a stable mileage logging app?
Mr. W, how do these apps work? :unsure:

I’m not keeping track of miles necessarily but every fuelup for years and all my maintenance history is in the Fuelly app.

Actually I just checked, over 7 years I’ve kept track of every fuelup.

You manually input the fill information in your phone app and it logs it for you, is the simple explanation. Many can store pictures of receipts, repair expenses, etc.
I'm going to check into one of these apps.
I still do it the old-fashioned way, at every fill up I use my phone calculator to figure out my mpg.

I’ve been using the Car Fax app. It let you know when there’s open recalls, you can upload receipts, and track fuel mileage. It’s free and so far it’s worked very well for me. I also keep a file on my computer of maintenance records as a backup.

Attachments

• 0F76247E-136A-4904-BBE9-CDCF2914960A.jpeg
    0F76247E-136A-4904-BBE9-CDCF2914960A.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 5ED0A75B-7380-448C-B36A-8049CDB53A23.jpeg
    5ED0A75B-7380-448C-B36A-8049CDB53A23.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 4EC74D30-262B-44CC-B109-ADDC8F07C401.jpeg
    4EC74D30-262B-44CC-B109-ADDC8F07C401.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 9FE382BB-19F7-491F-BAA6-7CB6E6A6E8CD.jpeg
    9FE382BB-19F7-491F-BAA6-7CB6E6A6E8CD.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 11
Car Fax looks promising. I currently use Fuelio for gas and maintenance. Also I duplicate the maintenance entries into FordPass App, which shows recalls etc. for my truck. Both allow upload of receipts and pics to document DIY maintenance, and have cloud backup.

Back