Replacement for Havoline Pro DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it could well be that I have a good replacement for Havoline Pro DS. I went and got some Super S 5w30 synthetic blend oil from K Mart. Figured what the world.. might as try it. I have to say the car runs very, very quiet on this so far. Every bit as good as the Havoline Pro DS. I read on here it's 10% PAO. For $13.49 a 5 qt container regular price is not too bad. On sale it can be less than $9 a 5 qt container. It may well become my new go to oil for my Altima 3.5 VQ. Castrol Magnatec gets a lot of consideration as well. Will see.

And I did a mix of 2.5 qts of Lubrigold 5w30 Dexos approved oil and 1 qt of SAE 30 grade high detergent API SN approved in my lady's Camry. Will see how that runs over the long term in there. May well be another possibility to run in that little car.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I went and got some Super S 5w30 synthetic blend oil from K Mart....the car runs very, very quiet on this so far.

I wonder if it's the same 5W-30 synthetic blend from Family Dollar.
I bought some on clearance a while back and it's good oil!
Has the Warren logo on the bottom of the bottle.

Super S is a good oil and it's been spoken highly here at Bob's. I saw it at K-Mart but, never on sale. I wanted to snag tons of it when I heard about their great discounts however, I always seem to miss out.
It is a very good price be it dino, blend or full syn.

I just noticed last night that the Havoline website has changed. Apparently the new formulation is out. The website announces this but there are no details. My guess is that it's for dexos2?

Now if they would sell it in more outlets.....

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Well it could well be that I have a good replacement for Havoline Pro DS. I went and got some Super S 5w30 synthetic blend oil from K Mart. Figured what the world.. might as try it. I have to say the car runs very, very quiet on this so far. Every bit as good as the Havoline Pro DS. I read on here it's 10% PAO. For $13.49 a 5 qt container regular price is not too bad. On sale it can be less than $9 a 5 qt container. It may well become my new go to oil for my Altima 3.5 VQ. Castrol Magnatec gets a lot of consideration as well. Will see.

And I did a mix of 2.5 qts of Lubrigold 5w30 Dexos approved oil and 1 qt of SAE 30 grade high detergent API SN approved in my lady's Camry. Will see how that runs over the long term in there. May well be another possibility to run in that little car.

If I could find that Lubrigold 5w30 here I'd run it
wink.gif

Yes I like the look of that Lubrigold 5w30, a Dexos rated full synthetic from Warren Oil.

But I also like SAE 30 monogrades with modern up to date SN ratings, if you live in the right climate to run them.

Given that SAE 30 you are using is also made by Warren Oil, the VII free add pack should mix fine with the Lubrigold. You now probably have something like a 10W30 semi-synthetic, with lowish Noack, slightly improved HTHS and shear stability (over the 5W30), that is about 70% synthetic. That sounds fine to me.

Yeah PimTac it would be great if Havoline Pro DS was found in more places... Really kind of cuddy.

Car51 if you came down into eastern NC you could find it easily. I'm glad I found it near me.

SR5 I like the Lubrigold 5w30 and Warren Oil SAE 30 grade mix. A bit more HTHS and it is running pretty quiet so far in the Camry.

I really like the Super S 5w30 so far.. May well be my new go to in place of Havoline Pro DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back