Replacement for General Altimax RT-43

I have the RT-43’s on two out of my three cars and one of them is due for a tire replacement (225/45/18 V) in the very near future. The General’s have been a great bang for the buck tire and perform decently in most instances.

My question is are they still the go-to tire since they have been out for a fairly long time, or has something better come along at or around the same price point?

just got these for my wife’s subaru and my research suggested they were still the best bang for the buck in her tire size, i think 225/60r17.

knowing if its 3 season or 4 season use would be key to recommending a tire.

There are some that do better in the winter, but if you already run winter tires thats not really important.

knowing if its 3 season or 4 season use would be key to recommending a tire.

There are some that do better in the winter, but if you already run winter tires thats not really important.
4 Season tire for my Subaru

I liked the RT-43’s on my rear wheel drive 300, I was very impressed with the snow traction of them. However, I put BFGoodrich Advantage TA Sport LT’s on my minivan and I’m even more impressed by those, turned my FWD minivan into a tank in the snow. They have a wet traction of B, but they’re no worse than any other tire I’ve experienced in wet weather.

Back