Replacement chuck for Dewalt Drill

I let an inlaw borrow my DeWalt 20v drill (DCD985) and low and behold the chuck is pretty much toasted. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as where to find replacements? I would like to avoid Ebay/Amazon if possible.

how do you mess up a carbide jawed chuck?

What is your budget? might be cheaper to buy a new drill at the non ebay prices.

how do you mess up a carbide jawed chuck?

What is your budget? might be cheaper to buy a new drill at the non ebay prices.
I wouldn't ever get a straight answer from them as to how it was abused. So, your guess is as good as mine.

Under $50 would be good. Otherwise, I'll just buy a new drill, I think. Father's day sales are coming up in a few weeks and I can make do until then if needed.

I let an inlaw borrow my DeWalt 20v drill (DCD985) and low and behold the chuck is pretty much toasted. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as where to find replacements? I would like to avoid Ebay/Amazon if possible.
DeWalt doesn't have a proprietary chuck. They source from Jacobs (and another brand). Keyed chucks don't usually fail, but less convenient to use. If I remember right, it uses a torx bit to attach the chuck to the drill.

I thought Dewalt used Rohm. I've retrofitted Rohms to all my Milwaukees.

I got them from -- sorry -- Amazon. In the past lots of Warehouse Deals on these, too.

If it's a 1/2-20 thread it's just a common chuck. Rohm even stepped up to the plate to make a 9/16-18 version when Milwaukee made that (non-industry-standard) change, too. Milwaukee-supplied chucks are terrible

Back