Replaced Golf Sportwagen with an Alltrack

I would have to check on the RPMs but it feels properly geared. Typical freeway 75ish is about 2.5k or so. This driving leg i did was including passing through cities that required a bit of stopping here and there. I think 35 mpg or more in a flat no stop scenario would be possible. This is about 5-7 MPG less than my old FWD 5 MT model with its wide ratios and ~350lb weight advantage. Well worth that small penalty for a DSG and AWD.

i think the dealer can SEE any tuning but APR has a milder tune with their own warranty!! SAD so much power left untapped!! nice car for sure but they are seriously techy + not for me as i will enjoy my 2001 TT 225Q roadster i got when trading my 200 thou mile 2001 jetta 1.8T. enjoy your new ride!!

for legroom my MK IV jetta was tight But girlfriends MKV was decent + a nice trunk + simple 5 cyl , NO DI NO TURBO still average 30 mpg + better!!

for legroom my MK IV jetta was tight But girlfriends MKV was decent + a nice trunk + simple 5 cyl , NO DI NO TURBO still average 30 mpg + better!!
You can get the 5 cylinder Jetta in a wagon and its pretty good for cheap. It gives up some MPG to the 1.8 but has a solid torque band. Friend of mine had one when i had my golf, the golf was a a bit faster stock but not a huge difference.

nice! never liked or wanted an SUV, but i like longroofs + if in the market the gone sportwagen with a 6 spd manual, AWD + 1.8T would be my choice!

nice! never liked or wanted an SUV, but i like longroofs + if in the market the gone sportwagen with a 6 spd manual, AWD + 1.8T would be my choice!
You could get them in Canada that way from around 2015-19 I think. Having no tow rating and tighter cabin pushed us towards the Outback at the time.

After owning a 16 GSW 5MT FWD for over 4 years, i decided to sell and search for a fun daily driver. Corvette/Camaro V8 type stuff i was i was hunting for. However, they all had big drawbacks as far as cost, entry exit, daily driving practicality, and so i bought a new Alltrack instead. With where i drive and the speeds i am legally permitted to do, a big V8 would largely go unused. Mostly what motivated this decision was a combination of how easy to get in and out, and see out of, these compact wagons are. The second motivating factor was the massive deals going on. 0% for 72 months and 120 days delay in payment starting. This was on top of a big discount, over 18%, let me roll out of Emich VW in denver for a signature promising 328.50 a month is all. Yep, $11 a day interest free gets me a brand new Alltrack S AWD DSG with 6 year 72k warranty bumper to bumper. I will have to pay tax and title out of pocket here in Utah. Selling my 4+ year old 24k mile golf let me put 12k into my day trading account. The gains pay this new payment. I know some of you like to know the numbers on these deals and maybe some people will say i should have paid cash. The third determining factor was these cars have ceased production and will likely never return to the USA market again. You gotta get it now or miss out. I can always go buy a sports car later on when i achieve more goals, and just keep this Alltrack as the perfect daily car.

This one obviously is white, and it has the light interior. Its a tan almost light grey looking synthetic leather that is very comfortable. It doesn't get hot like real leather and you can just wipe it clean with a vinyl/interior type product with ease. I did have a slight preference towards black interior but this will be cooler in the heat and i will be able to see the filth on the seats and therefore will clean more often.

Big advantages on this vs the old: Ride height, Alltrack is something like 1" taller so entry/exit is a dream. Heated Seats! I was turning these on while blasting the A/C just to ease some minor fatigue on my nearly 500 mile return trip from Denver. DSG and Haldex AWD. This is really what did it for me, having the luxury of AWD in our TourX, it simply became very desired on my list. I do like manual but i wanted DSG this time to experience something new and the DSG holds a ton of power. The clutches in the manual models are in dire need of upgrading if you add power. The DSG does somewhat feel like your driving a manual but you can be lazy. I spend more time at work juggling stocks and normal business activities so some days i'm just too tired to nail down perfect manual shifting. The S model Alltrack also has the blind spot mirrors, very nice feature that you start to miss if you have a car with it. Alltrack has a bigger gas tank, a great improvement on the smaller golf tank.

Most importantly, the S model has NO SUNROOF. I am not a fan of any sunroofs and a large number of issues have been had up to and including lemon law buybacks on SE SEL sportwagens from essentially unfixable leaks. I would have bought the fully loaded SEL in green that they had if not for the sunroof leak horror stories. The SEL has slightly better seats and tech. The only real weak spot in the S model is the headlights need to be upgraded but that isn't hard or terribly expensive.

MPG: It was delivered to me full of 91 octane, i stopped in Veil (~90 miles) and decided to stop/top up for about 29 mpg. That was starting with 40 miles on the car, fiddling with settings while it was running, not knowing for sure if dealer filled 100%, ect. Made it all the way home and to Costco the next day with at least 1/4 tank left. Hand calc MPG for the nearly 400 miles was 33.2. Car though we had 34 mpg. Speeds varied a lot from 40-80 as speed limits and construction permitted and i was not driving for economy. A very beautiful drive through the rockies, was able to go on the same road they use on TFL Ike gauntlet, very cool scenery.

Dealer experience was okay, salesman was great, finance guy was the typical d-bag hard seller. Where they really dropped the ball was in prep. The sent me out with a missing valve stem cap, some plastic still in place that your normally supposed to toss, some test driver scuffs on interior, ect. Nothing i couldn't fix in an hour today at home but this high volume dealer wanted me to sign and leave. Still worth it as they were letting these things go for about 2,000 less than the best Utah deal i could find. Strange thing happened, while test driving their other white one, random lady rear ends me out front of the dealership. So we had to deal with that, mostly dealership and the persons insurance. Thank goodness it happened before i bought and they had another white one. It will need a bumper cover replaced and likely get sold w/o anyone being the wiser as it was a soft slow hit.
[Linked Image]

Future Plans include window tinting, possible APR Plus tune on engine and trans, and a whole lot of detailing. White shows that dirt a lot more than my Tungsten Silver color did.

Do i recommend this car? Sure, for anybody not needing big back seat room, these are very nimble and fun to drive. For more back seat space i shift my recommendation to the larger Regal TourX. For both cars you better hurry the brand new examples are almost gone.

View attachment 23765
This seems like an impulse buy.
I'm not sure you researched this enough like @Nick1994. On his Tesla.

I am somewhat offended ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Congratulations๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Well i have mixed feelings to report that this this has been sold. Having put it up for sale for far more than it should be worth a dealer agreed to buy it. I'm happy to have enjoyed this car for a total net gain for nearly a year and a half but also sad to see it gone. It was really the perfect daily driver, but this can be somewhat boring. I could have driven this Alltrack for decades given my low mileage use and capability of taking care of it.

Now i'm daily driving my cheap beater Yukon XL 2006 2wd, obviously much larger and thirstier but still gets me to work. Eventually i will buy another new car when the market calms down.

Strong VW wouldn't even quote me a price on the phone. Their website price was technically better, but to get it, you had to do some lease to own scam. Strong is quite bait and switch with their pricing and advertising. They say things like 40% off new VWs on the radio all day long and nobody can ever get it. Also they didn't have many wagons left at all. Emich is the last dealer with a huge selection of these in north america.
Strong VW has brutal advertising. Free everything for life, new VW for 13k, all a lie. At 13k if real (three years ago) was going to buy one for my youngest Son. Strong VW simply said- that was to get my attention and get me to their showroom. Had no cars under 25k.

What a dirty dealership. Good call going to Denver.

Strong VW has brutal advertising. Free everything for life, new VW for 13k, all a lie. At 13k if real (three years ago) was going to buy one for my youngest Son. Strong VW simply said- that was to get my attention and get me to their showroom. Had no cars under 25k.

What a dirty dealership. Good call going to Denver.
One of the best parts of this Alltrack ownership was the trip to Denver. I got the ticket for dirt cheap, stayed in a really fancy hotel for dirt cheap, got the car for dirt cheap, all around just a blast of a trip. i will always have the fun memory of this car and getting it sold for so much more is the icing on the cake.

This seems like an impulse buy.
I'm not sure you researched this enough like @Nick1994. On his Tesla.

I am somewhat offended ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Congratulations๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Yes it was somewhat of an impulse buy. But if it were comfortable, I would have kept it. They don't have dealerships so you can't go sit in one.

Back