Replace one tire or all 4?

WOW!!! ^^^That's an amazing looking Firebird and that Rockford car looks even better than when these cars were brand new. I'm not just talking about the engine bay or the chassis that have been show car readied but, the interior looks(so good) and even better than the 2 brand new ones that I purchased in '79 & '80. Prior to buying these new cars, we also bought 2 others '74, '77, each when they were just 2 yrs old themselves.

These cars(Camaro's & Firebird's) had so many factory flaws in the paint & interiors and careless build quality issues while they were just thrown together back in the day that...they need fixing/repairing right off of the shipping truck that were coming from the factories.
Yeah, that is one hell of a restoration job. You can eat off the underside. I just loved that old 70s Pontiac suspension. I don't know who or how it was decided but some Pontiacs left the factories without mufflers. Some T/As had resonators only , for less back pressure restriction and a different muscle sounding tone. Some even had the mufflers and resonators. One of the most interesting T/As from the late 70s are the DKM MACHO T/As.
Factory issue T/As that brothers Dennis and Kyle Mecham made a business of hopping up at their father's Pontiac dealerships then selling as new/modified to customers wanting some extra performance. Very similar to the process Yenko or Motion did to the Chevrolet Camaro / Chevelles that Don Yenko & Joel Rosen modified and sold back then. Of course those were drag strip terrors that had the factory issued 396cui engines replaced with the monster 427cui or 454cui machines that people could not order at the time.

Last edited:
I have only seen the MACHO T/A decales in Year One or Classic Car Industries catalogs that I keep around. I've had to order a few NOS parts from them and another couple of OER parts too. Some of these parts are complete JUNK and you gotta be careful.

I have not see NPD however I will take a look online to see if there are any differences in products or pricing.
YearOne & CLASSIC Industries are the same IMO, based on what I have viewed & purchased.

SammyChev, to answer your question about car insurance, YES!
I have had a classic/specialty type of car insurance on the Firebird FORMULA over the past 18 years. I couldn't get it til the car was 25 yrs old, I tried.

Last edited:
Back