Repair or replace bumper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this happened.

uf05W0T.jpg

Someone nose dived in an attempt to parallel park and hit my car. Big dent, smashed side marker, and broke quite a few of the mounting brackets and pulled the bumper forward.

In your opinion, can this be repaired? I'm at work so I currently can't drive around shopping for quotes just yet.

Last edited:
About $1768 damage :)

Let us all take guesses as to what kind of quote he is going get. Whoever comes the closest, wins!

Luckily, light housing is fine, fender a little scratched and dented, but if buffed out hardly noticeable. Trying newcelica, no luck yet.

Anyway, I'm going to pull off the bumper when I have time. I'm going to look at the foam and the reinforcements to see if they're okay (I think the re-bars should still be fine, the impact seems to have just ripped off the bumpers where it screws down onto the frame).

I replacement that appears to be an oem copy is $158. I might just chance it with this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009DJV1IE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you get the other guys info or did he leave right afterwards? Don't buy cheap aftermarket [censored]. It won't fit right.

It happened at some point on a Friday night. I came out in the morning to find it like that. No notes, just a pile of shattered clear orange plastic.

Using hair dryer or heat gun, you might be able to pop out the plastic bumper. There are bunch of videos on youtube. Although, it does look like some of the metal frame components have been bent.

Since nobody left a note, don't bother going to a body shop. They will charge a lot.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Get a new one and have it painted off the car then just do the swap yourself.

Sorry about the game, I didn't go get a quote. I'm going to go with this route suggested by Doog. I was told by the Celica forum guys that replica oem bumpers fit great, and they're $152 shipped with dark primer coat. I took the bumper off to look, and saw that both foam and metal reinforcements are not damaged at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back