Repaint or replace faded wiper arm?

I like the black caliper paint idea, so I went that route since I had some left over from calipers.

Results of the arms I think turned out very nicely. now I need new wipers 😂 and a little black restore on the plastic

Thank you for all the suggestions.

A874596C-7A53-4F83-9A13-ADC327DCF215.jpeg

I like the black caliper paint idea, so I went that route since I had some left over from calipers.

Results of the arms I think turned out very nicely. now I need new wipers 😂 and a little black restore on the plastic

Thank you for all the suggestions.

View attachment 108082
That looks good!

That said, if wiper arms are still available, you may wish to considering purchasing them for use at a later date. With the way the supply chain is right now, and the way a lot of manufacturers are discontinuing parts for vehicles getting older, you never know what availability will be like into the future. That is, of course, assuming you will be keeping this car. :)

That looks good!

That said, if wiper arms are still available, you may wish to considering purchasing them for use at a later date. With the way the supply chain is right now, and the way a lot of manufacturers are discontinuing parts for vehicles getting older, you never know what availability will be like into the future. That is, of course, assuming you will be keeping this car. :)
Thanks!

You know after my massive parking brake issue and not being able to buy the couple specific parts… anywhere, I am really afraid of that happening… especially on odd parts like wiper arms, or maybe window switch (that is already hard to purchase new currently for 120$)

I thought about purchasing wear and tear parts, that I can still currently buy and just have them on on hand like you say.

And yes absolutely I’m keeping it.

Slightly OT: The dealer called me and wanted to purchase the Kia because “older high mileage affordable vehicles are in demand and we will sell it on our lot”!!!!
I almost fell out 😂

So I played along, I told them listen it needs to be a manual, sporty and maybe 4 door. They called me back an hour later, told me they have a 2020 Forte GT four-door 6 manual 50k miles. That perked me up a little bit and I was genuinely interested for two seconds until I asked about and ran the numbers…. they are selling a two year old 50,000 mile used vehicle for less then 1000$ under MSRP of it when new! Even worse they wanted me to take out a seven-year loan @202 a month after they told me “ you would be surprised how much equity you have in your car“ the 202$ a month number is strictly trade-in credit value zero cash down 😂 The trade-in credit also was almost double of what I “might” get in cash private party for it.

I very politely shut him down in his tracks. This car is paid off and every month that I don’t have a monthly car payment is money saved for investment, repairs, and nest egg.

Even if I have to put $500 to $1000 at a time once in a while I’m still going to be ahead at the end of the year. It doesn’t have any rust issues, no check engine light, not even a tire light. And the 6 speed is reallllly nice in this car.

We’re really in rough times that’s all I’m gonna say.

🙏

Wow.. that's insane.. I'm almost rolling on the floor laughing it's THAT insane! Ya I agree, keep what you already have, even with the repairs it's cheaper in the long run! I'm kind of glad that my project Civic car was started before any of this hit!

And from what I've heard its only going to get worse! ouch.. wow aren't I a ray of happiness?! lol! 🤪
:LOL:

Wow.. that's insane.. I'm almost rolling on the floor laughing it's THAT insane! Ya I agree, keep what you already have, even with the repairs it's cheaper in the long run! I'm kind of glad that my project Civic car was started before any of this hit!

And from what I've heard its only going to get worse! ouch.. wow aren't I a ray of happiness?! lol! 🤪
:LOL:
This is real life in today’s market… and I believe it’s also going to get worse… before it gets better..

Also this is in regards to the caliper paint I used on the wiper arms …
I wanted to test out the caliper paint and it’s ability to withstand heat - around the exhaust on the tractor was rusty color because the original factory paint burnt off. A quicksand and some caliper paint later this is the outcome even after hours of use:
42859798-E5E8-4EE0-B037-E06591F7F3D3.jpeg
I mowed a few lawn‘s already many hours running with engine temps up to 262 Fahrenheit (synthetic 10w30 HM) I’m sure the exhaust got much hotter than that and there’s not the slightest bit of fading or burning off. So I don’t think the sun or heat is gonna damage this paint at all on the wiper arms.

hey if it can put up with a lawnmower's exhaust temps.. ya I'd say it's ok for a wiper arm!

I know when I've painted the arms on the civic I've used SEM brand called "Trim Black" it's the matte/sheen that the oem's have, but I like your caliper paint look, too!

oh and the Trim Black you can paint your cowl plastic cover with it too, I know it adheres to plastic really well without a need for a primer. Not sure if caliper paint would be ok on plastic though.. just thoughts for ya in case you wanted to paint the plastic cowl piece.

Thanks!

You know after my massive parking brake issue and not being able to buy the couple specific parts… anywhere, I am really afraid of that happening… especially on odd parts like wiper arms, or maybe window switch (that is already hard to purchase new currently for 120$)

I thought about purchasing wear and tear parts, that I can still currently buy and just have them on on hand like you say.

And yes absolutely I’m keeping it.

Slightly OT: The dealer called me and wanted to purchase the Kia because “older high mileage affordable vehicles are in demand and we will sell it on our lot”!!!!
I almost fell out 😂

So I played along, I told them listen it needs to be a manual, sporty and maybe 4 door. They called me back an hour later, told me they have a 2020 Forte GT four-door 6 manual 50k miles. That perked me up a little bit and I was genuinely interested for two seconds until I asked about and ran the numbers…. they are selling a two year old 50,000 mile used vehicle for less then 1000$ under MSRP of it when new! Even worse they wanted me to take out a seven-year loan @202 a month after they told me “ you would be surprised how much equity you have in your car“ the 202$ a month number is strictly trade-in credit value zero cash down 😂 The trade-in credit also was almost double of what I “might” get in cash private party for it.

I very politely shut him down in his tracks. This car is paid off and every month that I don’t have a monthly car payment is money saved for investment, repairs, and nest egg.

Even if I have to put $500 to $1000 at a time once in a while I’m still going to be ahead at the end of the year. It doesn’t have any rust issues, no check engine light, not even a tire light. And the 6 speed is reallllly nice in this car.

We’re really in rough times that’s all I’m gonna say.

🙏
You can buy a lot of NOS parts for yours for $202 a month over 7 years. ;) Plus the '10-'13 looks a heck of a lot nicer than the abomination they came up with in 2014; it's no wonder they ended up killing the Koup just two years later.

Back