Rental car price

Airport rentals are always more money. The State and local governments stick it to the tourist with all their taxes and tariffs to pay for their pet projects. Same thing with hotels. How do you think these cities pay for their billion dollar stadiums. Next time you rent a car, look at the invoice, half the price of the daily rental is taxes and fees.

Last I check, the Nissan Rogue competed with the likes of Rav4 and CRV which are classified as compact cross overs....although they have gotten slightly bigger over the years. Midsize would be something like the Murano, Passport, Sorento or Edge.
Passport?
Like, Isuzu Passport? :unsure:

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know Honda makes one now too! You'd think they'd be a little more creative with the naming and come up with something else!
That'd be like Ford offering the Ford Camaro, or the Chevy Mustang!

Passport?
Like, Isuzu Passport? :unsure:

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know Honda makes one now too! You'd think they'd be a little more creative with the naming and come up with something else!
That'd be like Ford offering the Ford Camaro, or the Chevy Mustang!
Here in the states, Honda had the Passport in the late 90s/early 2000s...they didn't have a midsize SUV to compete with the likes of Blazer and Explorer so, they took the Isuzu Rodeo and rebadged it the Honda Passport. So, in the US, Honda has always had the Passport name...as far as I know.

2001-Honda-Passport-FrontSide_HTPASLX011_505x375.jpg

Honestly i would be surprised if you can reliably secure a rental car during Christmas time this year.

Airport rentals are always more money. The State and local governments stick it to the tourist with all their taxes and tariffs to pay for their pet projects. Same thing with hotels. How do you think these cities pay for their billion dollar stadiums. Next time you rent a car, look at the invoice, half the price of the daily rental is taxes and fees.

Maybe 1/3rd, but yeah, Taxes and Fees are a big part. My Salt Lake City rental this summer was just under $300 for the 10 days we had the car with another $150 in taxes and fees.

We had a Buick Enclave this weekend (no review, too busy to get photos with the wedding tasks, etc.) and it was $177 for the base rate and another $84.69 in taxes and fees, so again about 1/3rd of the base rate.

The Taxes and Fees were:

Concession Recovery Fee 11.11%
FTP SR $0.75/day
Customer Facility Charge $6.50/day
Veh License Recoup $1.09/Day
Tax 10.1% - Applied to the Base Rate Plus Above Fees
Rental Tax 7.7% - Applied to the Base Rate and Fees other than the 10.1% tax

So essentially, the car was really $74.1/day instead of the base rate of $59/day and then had 17.8% tax on top of that.

I can't imagine a Nissan Rogue having much more room than your Accord, are you not confident in it's reliability?

I can't imagine a Nissan Rogue having much more room than your Accord, are you not confident in it's reliability?
No reliability concerns with the VW or Honda. This year we have a stroller and pack and play, in addition to luggage for 3 adults and 1 child, and Christmas presents for our large family. If anything, the added cabin space will be quite welcome over the 8 hour drive.

Who knows what they will give gregk24 when its time to pick it up. The newer Rogues are absolutely cavernous inside,
esp in back seat.
I've been back there. And I am 6'1" and 239lbs. Nissan tend to have some of the best seats in the business too.
At least they did. I didnt like the chassis on the first redesign; it is very floppy with noticeably poor torsional stiffness (high Q+ low hz) . I don't know how the new platform performs or even if there is a new platform!

They'll probably give him and Escape or a - gasp! - Trailblazer 3 cylinder :)
The GM 3 cylinder isn’t a bad mill. I drove one in a new Encore GX and it was good for what it was. The Trailblazer would be too small for our needs, it’s also in a class below what we reserved.

Who knows what they will give gregk24 when its time to pick it up. The newer Rogues are absolutely cavernous inside,
esp in back seat.
I've been back there. And I am 6'1" and 239lbs. Nissan tend to have some of the best seats in the business too.
At least they did. I didnt like the chassis on the first redesign; it is very floppy with noticeably poor torsional stiffness (high Q+ low hz) . I don't know how the new platform performs or even if there is a new platform!
Yes, Nissans Zero Gravity seats are marvelous on road trips. I wouldn’t mind a new Rogue at all.

esp in back seat.
People here know me as the seat complainer. The Rogue is what you said...great. Impressive and comfy :)

People here know me as the seat complainer. The Rogue is what you said...great. Impressive and comfy :)

Yeah I'm not a huge Nissan fan, but I did like the new Rogue enough to make a thread about it a few months back when I had one as a rental.

Sure seems to me like insurance companies get some super deals.

I’ll be getting a rental from Enterprise next week due to an accident and they said the rate is $42 a day for a midsize SUV like a Nissan Rogue or similar, but they also offered (I accepted) a pickup truck like an F150 or similar for the same $42 a day.

Their website is way more expensive.

Back