Removing a concrete sidewalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
928, it sounds like the sidewalk is on his property not along the street since he's talking about replacing with pavers so the local municipality probably wouldn't get involved with replacing it.

And...arborist...? Maybe in California but probably not in 95% of the rest of the US. A search for arborist on the Cecil County, Maryland website shows no results.

A photo of the Sidewalk and Tree would be helpful.

I would be worried about cutting tree roots and killing the tree.

Who said sidewalks have to be straight ? ? ?
I've seen (only once) where a new sidewalk was poured and it went around the 'raised' tree roots.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
There are two Concrete Contractors near me that take limbs and grind them up to make mulch and it's free. You just have to drop it off at there site. I believe they take concrete to.

And therein lies the problem. Unless you have access to, or rent a dump truck, or some type of big trailer to haul all of this garbage, you end up with a mess that becomes a back breaking chore to haul away. These type of projects always end up to be far more time consuming and labor intensive than they look like. I'm amazed at how much garbage they cut off my palms and evergreens every time they trim them.

Not to mention several of them are over 50+ feet tall. I would have no way to climb them... And wouldn't if I did. One fall and your either dead or in a wheel chair for the rest of your life. Back to risk vs. reward. There is none. Especially not for the lousy $350.00 they charge me to do all of it. Not to mention they're in and out in less than an hour and a half. And both my front and back yard are spotless when they leave. And that price includes spraying for weeds both front and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back