Remove NU Finish from black trim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some Nu Finish liquid not paste on the black rubber strips on the roof of the 2008 Corolla and the black plastic door handles. I have individually tried Armor All, varsol, and scrubbing with soap. It always comes back as a slightly white haze.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
A trim detailed along with a magic eraser will help. The best idea is to use a wax or sealant that doesn't affect trim.

Absolutely not on the acetone. Don't even think about it

cjcride,

I was having the same issue with some Carnuba wax from Maquires. It looked terrible. I tried most of the off the shelf wonders. They looked good for a week or so then went back to looking awful. As a last ditch effort, I picked up some "Wipe New" from Walmart. I followed to instructions to the letter and was presently surprised at the outcome. Two months later and it is still looking like the day I applied it on. I will re-apply it again when the time comes. Hopefully, not for a while. Good Luck.

Last edited:
A red eraser works. and finish up with BACK TO BLACK trim coating. After that every time I use NuFinish or any wax type product, I use a cardboard separator between paint and trim. Ed

You don't. Its a chemical reaction that causes the whiteness. You can only cover it up with a permanent product like Forever Black (last longer and looks better than Wipe New). Using any chemicals to try and remove would hurt what you are cleaning.

I was thinking of a vegetable oil … but maybe peanut oil (less mice that way) …
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NO2
We an olive oil soaked rag, worked fine.

What do you do when the olive oil breaks down?

The best thing to do is to not use Nufinish to start with. There are too many better products to use that don't stain trim...

Originally Posted by grampi
The best thing to do is to not use Nufinish to start with. There are too many better products to use that don't stain trim...

Lol you're the guy that tried to talk down about nufinish on this auto geek thread and everyone thought u were a weirdo for bringing up the topic over and over since at least 2010. You're still at it now. Please find a new way to use your time.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/100895-anybody-use-nufinish.html

Originally Posted by PlzRepond
Originally Posted by grampi

Lol you're the guy that tried to talk down about nufinish on this auto geek thread and everyone thought u were a weirdo for bringing up the topic over and over since at least 2010. You're still at it now. Please find a new way to use your time.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/100895-anybody-use-nufinish.html

He's just an old troll that we can't get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back