Remove bird dropping stain?

Was in the Santa Cruz Mountains at a friend's; we pulled a screw out of a tire and plugged it.
His 2007 Acura TSX is the beautiful black, with the blue specs. We warshed it with ONR; there was a 2" bird dropping.
It left a stain. I tried a little rubbing compound, clay bar and soft paste cleaner wax. Better, but still there.

Do you have a solution? Thanks in advance.
I did not snap a pic but here is the car. Beatuiful day in Felton, CA. Cooler than the Valley...
1691014397366.jpg

If the clear is etched, which it sounds like it is, you'll probably have to machine polish the area. Rubbing compound can work with elbow grease but it will take a while and you'll have to finish polish it afterwards too.

Beautiful well kept car. It appears you did all the correct steps to try to remove the stain. The only thing you can do is take off more of the clear coat and hopefully it doesn't rub down to the paint. I have seen some stains that just will not come out.

Beautiful well kept car. It appears you did all the correct steps to try to remove the stain. The only thing you can do is take off more of the clear coat and hopefully it doesn't rub down to the paint. I have seen some stains that just will not come out.
The 1st gen TSX is the Japanese and European Accord. It was imported as the Acura TSX, from 2004 thru 2007 (or 2008). A 2006 Accord here likely has shot paint. This car, 140K, has close to Lex MBZ quality paint. They are great cars, IMO.

Wifey and I bought ours in Dec 2006. My sister drove it, went back to Gig Harbor, WA and bought the black one. I helped them get an RX and they gave me their perfect car. I gave it to Marc; he is a single father. It will go to his daughter soon; it should get her through college.

Here's ours, with almost 220K. Cars are expensive; I try and take care of them so hopefully they last.
1691023368486.png

The 1st gen TSX is the Japanese and European Accord. It was imported as the Acura TSX, from 2004 thru 2007 (or 2008). A 2006 Accord here likely has shot paint. This car, 140K, has close to Lex MBZ quality paint. They are great cars, IMO.

Wifey and I bought ours in Dec 2006. My sister drove it, went back to Gig Harbor, WA and bought the black one. I helped them get an RX and they gave me their perfect car. I gave it to Marc; he is a single father. It will go to his daughter soon; it should get her through college.

Here's ours, with almost 220K. Cars are expensive; I try and take care of them so hopefully they last.
View attachment 170455
My daughter has 2007 Civic EX made in Japan. Has Metallic black with blue sparkles. Near flawless finish. No EPA in Japan then?

Better robots.
More likely better paint and paint process. Robots are easy to program.

Her car was keyed on the trunk ( :devilish: ) and it was painted by this great shop:

Their regular work is BMW, MB, Lexus, Porsche, etc.

California law does allow any shop, NOT ONLY THOSE THE INSURANCE CO WANTS, to perform insurance repairs.

Good paint and good work is $$$$

Last edited:
Was in the Santa Cruz Mountains at a friend's; we pulled a screw out of a tire and plugged it.
His 2007 Acura TSX is the beautiful black, with the blue specs. We warshed it with ONR; there was a 2" bird dropping.
It left a stain. I tried a little rubbing compound, clay bar and soft paste cleaner wax. Better, but still there.

Do you have a solution? Thanks in advance.
I did not snap a pic but here is the car. Beatuiful day in Felton, CA. Cooler than the Valley...
View attachment 170425
Serious question. Why do people say and spell “wash” as “warsh”?

California law does allow any shop, NOT ONLY THOSE THE INSURANCE CO WANTS, to perform insurance repairs.
CA prohibits steering by insurance companies. However, insurance companies will only pay what they deem to be a reasonable cost for repairs. If your shop of choice charges more, be aware that you’ll be responsible for the difference.

By choosing one of the insurance company’s network shops, this issue is avoided.

View attachment 170455
Very nice cars! My wife and I had a brand new white 07 Honda Accord V6 and it was a great car. I take very good care of my vehicles too.

Back