Remember Full Bore 2 stroke Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone run Full Bore synthetic in their two stroke oil injected bikes back in the late 60's and early 70's? Blue stuff IIRC, came in a black metal 1 quart can. You could buy it from Yamaha dealers. Expensive stuff! Almost $1.89 a quart. Marketed by Yankee motors, distributing, or something or other. I ran this stuff in my '69 Yamaha YCS1C 180cc two stroke, twin cylinder street scrambler.

i wasnt alive back then. however i would love to see 2 stroke bikes come back to the street world. seems like 2 strokes in general are disappearing from every application these days.

I remember Full Bore. Did anyone besides me run TC Red? Slender, tall, clear bottle, white cap, white printing directly on bottle. Synthetic, real expensive for the time. sunruh, I still have a lot of A747, and sometimes, just for the heckuvit, I'll mix up some Maxima 927 and blow some leaves or grass clippings!

I used Duralube mostly. It wasn't the Duralube additive they sell today but 2-stroke oil. I also ran MC1+ which was advertized as fully synthetic but had many engine problems with it.

Golden Spectro was advertized as being a blend did well also.

i used full bore.got it from champion yamaha,manhattan beach.,lost a rm370 eng. on mc1.
went to duralube,great oil.tried many but found duralube worked best.was bought by champion oil co...was the factory oil for ktm..remember NPG??..tc red,i think was by chevron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back