Relocation Kit and Filter recommendation 04 Sienna

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVE

First of all sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Anyway, my hands are not tiny and the sienna has an awful location of the filter and it's almost horizontal, so oil gets spilled a little. This is simply for convenience, nothing else.
My main parts:
Wix 24762 Filter Mounting Base

Wix 24730 Filter Mounting Base

Any suggestion on hoses?
I was going to go with regular trans cooler hoses, or whatever I can get cut at local parts store, and brass fittings from Home Depot.

Next I figured I might as well fit a bigger can, either XG3600 or FL1A or WIX 51516.
Question though, will I have any problems related to pressure? They all have same relief valve setting, 12 PSI.

And lastly, given I am in Houston, fairly warm down here, should I get a an oil cooler?

Last edited:
The XG3600 is one of the best filter sizes on the market. It's got plenty of media and they always look great when cut open even the PH3600, and Purolator 20195s which are similar.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The XG3600 is one of the best filter sizes on the market. It's got plenty of media and they always look great when cut open even the PH3600, and Purolator 20195s which are similar.

Thanks, that's very good to know.

The FL1A doesn't come with a silicone anti anti drain back valve so you don't want to use that particular filter unless it mounts with the threads completely at the top of the base.

The XG8A is just as good as the XG3600 and probably more desirable for the higher oil capacity. The filter itself is slightly shorter but it's much wider.

Here is the comparison of the same crossing reference PH size, should be exact or almost exactly the same for the XG.

Part Number: PH8A
Product Type: Full-Flow Lube Spin-on
Anti-Drain Valve: YES
Gasket I.D.: 2.42"
Gasket O.D.: 2.8"
Gasket Thickness: .2"
Product Height: 5.14"
Product I.D.: 3/4-16 Th'd
Product O.D.: 3.8"
Relief Valve Setting PSI: 12

Part Number: PH3600
Product Type: Full-Flow Lube Spin-on
Anti-Drain Valve: YES
Gasket I.D.: 2.47"
Gasket O.D.: 2.75"
Gasket Thickness: .19"
Product Height: 4.92"
Product I.D.: 3/4-16 Th'd
Product O.D.: 2.98"
Relief Valve Setting PSI: 12

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I get my oil hose kits from www.Speedwaymotors.com

search for Neoprene Hose & Fitting Kit on their website.

Thanks, definitely not cheap, but last thing I need is a leak. Is there any other budget option by any chance that you would recommend?

Thanks, FL1A was my back up anyway, I totally forgot about the XG8A. I will go with the XG8A then.

Those are very good links, thanks. How would you compare the quality to Wix adapters? Also, would there be any benefit of getting dual filter kit?
Thank you so much for your help, and so quickly too!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's pretty impressive compared to the stock XG3614 that I use. Surprisingly there is a lot of space there lengthwise, don't know about the width.

Originally Posted By: DVE
Those are very good links, thanks. How would you compare the quality to Wix adapters? Also, would there be any benefit of getting dual filter kit?

Sometimes having dual filters means 1 full flow and 1 bypass filter, but unless you need extreme engine protection, I don't see the point. Typically this setup is used on heavy machines with huge diesel engines only.

Having 1 filter that crosses over with a Motorcraft FL1A is good.

Have you considered adding an oil cooler to this setup? The Toyota 1MZ-FE engine runs high oil temperatures.

Originally Posted By: DVE

IMHO a filter adapter is a filter adapter. What can really be different as long as it doesn't leak? Most filter adapters will fit a wide range of filter diameters.

Dual filters is a waste also unless you are going for +10k mile OCI.

Thanks for the info, I looked at the bypass cost, and it is too much for me.
03 is a cut off date for that engine in siennas, I have 3mz-fe. HOWEVER would it be a good idea to get one? I live in Texas.
Out of curiosity, if I got the dual filter, how often would I have to change the filters?

Last edited:
Wonderful, it is settled then, Thanks a lot for your help.
Should I go with oil cooler?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back