Redline Oil - Unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with Spector. The value balance just isn't there.

I have never really hammered on Redline analysis' because in most cases it's a first run.

But in short it's the base oil shining through, Redline at it's heart is a racing oil, not a super long extended OCI oil. So despite it's great shear stability and it's oxidative resistance, it's not kept in most engines THAT long.

quote:

I tend to agree with Spector. The value balance just isn't there.

I have never really hammered on Redline analysis' because in most cases it's a first run.

But in short it's the base oil shining through, Redline at it's heart is a racing oil, not a super long extended OCI oil. So despite it's great shear stability and it's oxidative resistance, it's not kept in most engines THAT long.

I agree with this.

Ted, thanks again. This is one of the best threads in long time. Most of the others are recirculated questions.

I think for the Patman, ASL is an excellent choice. I still think for the price, ASL/ATM can't be beat. Two phenomenal oils for the money. ATM's Seq.IIIE test clearly shows these oils to be highly resistant to deposits and varnish. 264hrs I believe was the run. Delvac 1 is an excellent oil and would be a top choice for LT1 or any GM small block IMO.

Ted, how do feel Amsoil's deisel oils compare to D1? AME and S3000 seem to be as good or better from the spec. sheets but what about base stock?

[ November 23, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

TS - in other threads you have been refering to an article in LnG, are you talking about the November 2003 article about FM's? (I found it a bit "light", but interesting nonetheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back