Redline ATF for 06` BMW 325i ZF AT Transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure some of you have seen my Redline oil question in the general engine oil forum. I wanted to create a new thread to find out if any BMW owners are running Redline D4 ATF fluid in their ZF 6-speed AT. I am approaching 80k on my 2006 BMW 325i and am looking at getting all drivetrain fluids swapped out. any in case you couldn't guess I am looking at all Redline fluids if I can. Thanks.

6HP26? What is the factory fluid fill for this application? That may yield a better answer.

The only history I have with Redline D4 and ZFs is the one in my 325Ci, which loves it. 42k miles since I first switched (and replaced again recently) and the thing shifts like a dream. That transmission has never thrown a code in its 93k mile life.

Originally Posted By: cvx5832
6HP26? What is the factory fluid fill for this application? That may yield a better answer.

The only history I have with Redline D4 and ZFs is the one in my 325Ci, which loves it. 42k miles since I first switched (and replaced again recently) and the thing shifts like a dream. That transmission has never thrown a code in its 93k mile life.

I know on BavAuto they only sell the ZF Lifeguard 6 fluid for my transmission.

Originally Posted By: cvx5832

I do have the 6HP26 transmission. It uses the ZF Lifeguard 6 fluid and the factory fill.

I was able to find a complete tranny flush kit for $265 that included a pan/filter, new fill plug, and 6 liters/quarts of ZF LifeGuard 6 fluid. My tranny should be good as new once I get everything swapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back