Redline 5w-30 ~8000-8500 Miles 08 Silverado 5.3L

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAN for most redline oils starts at 2.5. Can't use the regular "when TBN = TAN" rule of thumb with ester oils. They are a different beast.

O.K.,I'll pretend you paid $20. The oil contains a lot of wear metals and the TBN is as low as I would want to go. You can mitigate the effect of these 2 facts by changing your oil and filter at 4k. The M1 filter is a very good filter and may catch more of the wear metals than the filter you are running + the M1 filter is heavily constructed so if you catch a Texas size rock, it is more likely to survive the impact than some filters. So save the $20,in the future, and change the oil and filter every 4k with a good synthetic oil of your choice............That'll be a $100. Thanks.

Quote:

O.K.,I'll pretend you paid $20. The oil contains a lot of wear metals and the TBN is as low as I would want to go. You can mitigate the effect of these 2 facts by changing your oil and filter at 4k.

lol. Root cause is what we're after.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] i'll pay Brian for analysis, but that's the beauty of this site.

Brian appears to be another person who has hacked my email account.

For those still not able to get past the 'shared remarks' topic, please read between the lines in the above sentence.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] i'll pay Brian for analysis, but that's the beauty of this site.

It didn't cost me anything to offer my unprofessional opinion. Accordingly, I offered my opinion free of charge. Keep that in mind when evaluating it's value. In life, one generally gets what they pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back