Red pocket Verizon Network

Considering switching to Red Pocket from Visible but I would like to guarantee being able to stay on Verizon network. Whenever I try to price out a plan with the existing phone, Red Pocket defaults to a GSMA eSIM. Is there a way to guarantee Verizon network on Red Pocket? Looks like it is possible to order a CDMA physical SIM card but is it as simple as paying the extra couple of bucks in that case?

With red pocket nothing is a guarantee. I would stay with visible or if you have a cable provider that piggybacks off verizon they are best without paying for verizon prices.

I am sorry as I know nothing about Red Pocket, but I will piggy back on @proveitwithdata sentiments. I have friends on Spectrum Mobile (should be available if you're in NYS) who say they love their prices they pay for Unlimited T+T+D and they have no problems with it. I am on plain old Verizon and we have the same coverage as the Spectrum Mobile friends.

Buddy of mine with it so far has travelled for work to Montana and Texas and said it works just fine.

i have the CHEEP E-Bay Red Pocket plan $6 yearly BUT i thought i was getting GSMA BUT i did not work with my newer TCL phone but did on my cheeper TCL phone + reception varies with the GSMT i had to use! girlfriend tried it BUT no reception with GSMT at her house BUT the cheep ATT GSMA did. ATT dumped her SSS as she like me is a LIGHT user, so buyer beware BUT costlier plans may be ok depending on location + they are surely a good value!!

I tried Redpocket CDMA / Verizon network and it has a catch-- it will only cover you on Verizon owned networks and any location where Verizon "subcontracts" or has extended service, you're without. Turned out that's a large swath of KY, so I had to switch back to GSMA or whatever AT&T is called which works reasonably well around here.

The best low-cost carrier I've found is Mint Mobile. T-Mobile network, so YMMV depending on where you live. I've been in some very rural places while traveling where it became frustrating, but where I live and in the Louisville metro area where I work, it's just fine. It has free Wi-Fi calling, and tethering.

I have been going back and forth with Mint and Redpocket (there is always some discount for switching / referring friends) and have saved a boatload.

I tried Redpocket CDMA / Verizon network and it has a catch-- it will only cover you on Verizon owned networks and any location where Verizon "subcontracts" or has extended service, you're without. Turned out that's a large swath of KY, so I had to switch back to GSMA or whatever AT&T is called which works reasonably well around here.

The best low-cost carrier I've found is Mint Mobile. T-Mobile network, so YMMV depending on where you live. I've been in some very rural places while traveling where it became frustrating, but where I live and in the Louisville metro area where I work, it's just fine. It has free Wi-Fi calling, and tethering.

I have been going back and forth with Mint and Redpocket (there is always some discount for switching / referring friends) and have saved a boatload.
I've always wondered if the Verizon MVNO's had a problem of Verizon-leased areas. I think, like you mentioned, there's good chunks of the US where regional carriers own their towers and lease airtime/have roaming agreements with Verizon/ATT/etc.

How much data do you use a month? Just a fair warning I had redpocket verizon and had to cancel, they said I spoke too much (1500 minutes) on an unlimited plan and cut me off twice. Needless to say I ported out.

If you want Verizon, US Mobile has priority data on that network for all plans. The basic Visible plan is deprioritized, only Visible+ has priority data. US Mobile and Visible+ have Verizon Ultra Wideband 5G. The Visible basic plan does not.

How much data do you use a month? Just a fair warning I had redpocket verizon and had to cancel, they said I spoke too much (1500 minutes) on an unlimited plan and cut me off twice. Needless to say I ported out.
Not my line but the line uses almost no data a month. 1GB a month is more than enough and goes mostly unused. Prior to Visible did a Twigby 1GB plan for a couple of months but with fees it was higher than the $15/month promo Visible was running at the time for new users.

Red Pocket defaults to a GSMA
AT&T ( GSMA ) is probably the best network for your phone and is probably why it defaults to that . But if your phone works well with Visible it should be fine with Verizon ( CDMA) same same . This the plan I have that can be ordered off Ebay >>>>>>>>
Click Here For Redpocket Sim

This what I did, I now have verizon based service for $5.90 a month, I got unlimited talk and text plus 24 gb to use over the course of the next year. I bought a phone from qvc with tracfone verizon based service that has ANNUAL unlimited talk and text plus 24 gb plan loaded on it for $70 after tax using the link below. Don't forget to use coupon code WELCOME15 as the original HOLIDAY20 coupon is expired. See slickdeals link below, but again make sure to use updated coupon.
You will have to activate and port your number to the cheap phone they send you, but after a day you can activate whatever handset you want but will need a new sim which you can but for $1 on amazon, cvs,target.
See post 15 in the slickdeals thread below.

OR

you can get a USMOBILE $72 anual plan which includes unlimted talk and text also on verizon 1 GB data per month (which includes all tax and fees), which comes out to $6 per month. Or if youwant to pay monthly and not fork over $72 up front you can buy the the sameplan at $10 billed every month

USMOBILE has great customer service as opposed to tracfone and you can always buy data if you need more

Last edited:
Considering switching to Red Pocket from Visible but I would like to guarantee being able to stay on Verizon network. Whenever I try to price out a plan with the existing phone, Red Pocket defaults to a GSMA eSIM. Is there a way to guarantee Verizon network on Red Pocket? Looks like it is possible to order a CDMA physical SIM card but is it as simple as paying the extra couple of bucks in that case?
You best answer is to go right to the source which over the years we have found very simple to do with Red Pocket. Just open up a "Chat" on their website.
We were long time customers on Red Pocket using ATT because we liked it. Wife and I now on a killer deal with TMobile but our daughter still buys Red Pocket unlimited everything by the year for best price.

I guess we all use out devices differently but I think the vast majority of us need AT LEAST 5GB per line of high speed data a month and that is on the lite side so I cant buy into these plans with less.

Last edited:
You best answer is to go right to the source which over the years we have found very simple to do with Red Pocket. Just open up a "Chat" on their website.
We were long time customers on Red Pocket using ATT because we liked it. Wife and I now on a killer deal with TMobile but our daughter still buys Red Pocket unlimited everything by the year for best price.

I guess we all use out devices differently but I think the vast majority of us need AT LEAST 5GB per line of high speed data a month and that is on the lite side so I cant buy into these plans with less.
RP chat is useless as they come. Year ago they had a special media team that would frequent select forums with great customer support, i mean above and beyond, and nowdays its been hollow shell of their former self.

RP chat is useless as they come. Year ago they had a special media team that would frequent select forums with great customer support, i mean above and beyond, and nowdays its been hollow shell of their former self.
Redpockets customer support ( chat ) has always been a good experience whenever I've used it . Then again ..... how often do you use it anyway .

Another good feature now is being able add additional minutes and data if for some reason you run out .

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 20-07-01 Line details MzExOTgx - Red Pocket Mobile.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 20-12-14 Line details MzExOTgx - Red Pocket Mobile.jpg

They have painful and slow customer service. It works via chat but expect hours to setup WiFi hotspot and also port away.

You get tossed off network like trash on Verizon if you get deprioritized due to congestion and get a message like that. Lastly expect spam texts a ton and more calls.

The price is pretty amazing and my daughter 13-15 had Verizon RedPocket with caveats above.

red pockets GSMA $60 YEARLY worked on my older cheeper TCL phone but NOT on a better TCL phone that needed GSMT aka T-mobile thats not as good + did NOT work for my girlfriend at her house, we both just talk + text now + then NOT big users for sure!!!

Daughter buys Red Pocket by the year for her iPhone, wife and I used to have her on our (at the time) RedPocket plan.
I think the prices on all cell services have gone up but annual plans are great. You have to MAKE SURE to click on ANNUAL once on the page. If you dont stream movies and lets say work form home where your phone is. on WiFi a lot. 5BG is plenty in most cases. Ideal was the 10 Gb @$20 but they got rid of it.
BTW- one must remember all taxes and fees are included with Red Pocket.

Actually you can still get the 10 Gb plan for $18.33 a month on Ebays store if you choose AT&T or 8GB with TMobile and Verizon
Red Pocket on EBay

Last edited:
Back