RED LINE SI-1® COMPLETE FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am under the impression PEA burns clean and does not leave residue behind. Isn't this the reason what people are going after for?

On Techron's website it states other competitors' additives such as PBA is a good cleaner for intake valves, however, it leaves residue behind.
As some manufacturer mentioned, PEA does not burn completely, that is the reason why it gives more lasting effect on the cleaning.

I don't know if there's really any way to know. All formulas and test results are considered proprietary. PEA is by nature really thin, and SI-1 is just PEA added to a thick, lubricant base along with a solvent.

What I do know about PEA is that its primary use is to cure exoxy. So it's probably just trial and error to figure out what works. None of it is actually made for use as a gasoline additive.
There are various PEA (amine) chemistries for various applications, just as there are various ZDDP flavors for various applications.

There are various PEA (amine) chemistries for various applications, just as there are various ZDDP flavors for various applications.

Yes. But it seems like PEA products aren’t sold as single molecule chemical, but rather as a range. And it doesn’t appear that there’s any specific manufacturing of PEA for fuel additives. Additive companies need to find what works and hope that their suppliers still make what they need.

Yes. But it seems like PEA products aren’t sold as single molecule chemical, but rather as a range. And it doesn’t appear that there’s any specific manufacturing of PEA for fuel additives. Additive companies need to find what works and hope that their suppliers still make what they need.

I get mine from Huntsman and BASF in any molecular weight I desire.

There are more than 12 PEA suppliers worldwide.

I get mine from Huntsman and BASF in any molecular weight I desire.

There are more than 12 PEA suppliers worldwide.

I get that. But isn't it still a range of different compounds where the exact composition can't be guaranteed? Or would that even matter in terms of effectiveness as a detergent additive?

we have here pea like cleaners (fish smell), they are meant for continuous dosing, 1000:1
not really one shot thingy.
i tried to heat for while in test tube, it just violently boils and doesn´t want to evaporate much.
in big concentrations it might interfere with combustion...i guess

we have here pea like cleaners (fish smell), they are meant for continuous dosing, 1000:1
not really one shot thingy.
i tried to heat for while in test tube, it just violently boils and doesn´t want to evaporate much.
in big concentrations it might interfere with combustion...i guess

Most are in some sort of carrier solvent. I would expect that anything meant as a treatment would at least have something like that which would be highly flammable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back