Record run on your original electric fuel pump

The oe pump in my 05 yukon is still somehow going 340k miles in and is quiet too. The oe fuel pump in my 03 sierra died right after i took it out of near 7 year storage with 36k on it. I didn't see what fuel pump it had on it but i put in a delphi and that one is still going strong today. I assumed the OE was a delphi but i hear they also got bosch pumps but i don't know what it originally had. I don't know what my 05 yukon has since it's never failed but i assume it's a delphi as many oe parts like the 4 factory original shock absorbers are also delphi which also haven't failed somehow which shocks me no pun intended. I'm just waiting for any of the original delphi shocks or the original delphi/bosch? fuel pump to fail on the yukon and when they do i won't even be mad. Same with the abs pump i don't know who makes that but both have been bulletproof. I got way more than i could have ever thought i could get out of them.

21 years, 273k miles. 2003 4runner. Still going strong, but the fuel level sensor is slowly going bad. Goes to full mark when full but reads 1/4 tank when there is still 10 gallons left, capacity is 23.

To be honest I typically I run them very close to "E" or below. At least until the light comes on.
I basically do the same but I was just wondering about your fueling habits because of the very high mileage you're getting from your fuel pumps and vehicles in general.👍

The last couple of pumps I pulled were in a plastic tub and the pump weeps fuel into the tub to keep the pump cool. I don’t think running low will create any overheating with this setup.

I had a ‘97 4.6 F-150 with 330,000 miles on the original pump. My ‘89 TTA has high performance pump that I installed over 30 years ago, but it doesn’t even have 30,000 miles on the pump.

The only pump I lost was on the xB
Vapor locking, lean codes, eventually turned into no start
Was getting barely 30psi when spec is 44-48psi

IMO, around the ~250k mark, consider a preventative swap 🤔

Back