Recommended Brake Pads & Rotors

I have a 2019 ford Transit connect that’s ready for a new set of pads and rotors. Looking for recommendations on aftermarket parts. Looking for solid quality / longevity.

Coated rotors are awesome :)

Get either Powerstop Geomet coated rotors, or Motorcraft OE Design rotors.

For the pads, Motorcraft OE Design, Akebono, Advics, Wagner OEX, or EBC Ultimax2/Blackstuff

Reactions: wlk
Longevity has more to do with driving style then the parts. Usually, price is a good guide. $40 pads will usually perform better than $20 pads from the same source, so when comparing prices, make sure it's from the same store. By that I mean the $40 pads at the chain stores will be bottom line products, while the $40 pads at online places will be higher quality pads.

I have a 2019 ford Transit connect that’s ready for a new set of pads and rotors. Looking for recommendations on aftermarket parts. Looking for solid quality / longevity.
How many miles on the OEM pads and rotors?

NAPA fleet severe duty pads have lasted the longest on mine-I’ve almost set the F-450s on fire a couple times & not damaged them. Big Transits are heavily biased to the rear brakes, the rears seem to last half the mileage of the fronts. Rear rotors are fun, the axles have to come out! Hopefully the FWD Connect is a little easier.

Reactions: wlk
Coated rotors are awesome :)

Get either Powerstop Geomet coated rotors, or Motorcraft OE Design rotors.

For the pads, Motorcraft OE Design, Akebono, Advics, Wagner OEX, or EBC Ultimax2/Blackstuff
I see the power stop ones on rock auto. I can purchase a kit with the pads and rotors for about $275 after taxes and shipping. Only concern with the online purchase versus brick and mortar is if the fit isn’t correct it’s probably harder to return and could be expensive.

I see the power stop ones on rock auto. I can purchase a kit with the pads and rotors for about $275 after taxes and shipping. Only concern with the online purchase versus brick and mortar is if the fit isn’t correct it’s probably harder to return and could be expensive.

Powerstop's pads aren't that great.

Nobody gets ‘Raybestos’ brake pads besides me? I agree more than just the pads themselves. I go slow, do the required lubing & all. Anyways, Raybestos are a little mid for standard quality, I think, $42-$45 range.

My recommendation is the Napa Silent Guard pads. Excellent pads. We have had no complaints with them. I’ve used them on my vehicles too. I’d also get their rotors too. My second choice would be Raybestos they make great brake parts too but the Napa is hard to beat.

Attachments

• IMG_6934.jpeg
    IMG_6934.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6933.jpeg
    IMG_6933.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 36
Nobody gets ‘Raybestos’ brake pads besides me? I agree more than just the pads themselves. I go slow, do the required lubing & all. Anyways, Raybestos are a little mid for standard quality, I think, $42-$45 range.
When I replaced the front rotors and pads on my Rav4 I used Raybestos Element 3's from Rock Auto. Replaced a previous set (unknown brand ) that had over 100,000 miles on them and the rotors were getting pretty rusty, probably due to the tons of salt MNDOT throws on the roads here in MN.

I have had the best luck with Napa and Wagner Severe duty pads for towing. Powerstop coated rotors seem to hold up better than some. Motorcraft OEM rotors are great too. I will be avoiding raybestos and centric pads/rotors personally. Also had decent luck with Pagid and Bosch holding up and would use them again without hesitation.

Back