Recommendation for Acura Differential Fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rolled over the 100,000 mile interval on Acura in signature. Would like recommendations on what fluid to use for changing out my differential fluids for front & rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
thorromig, you wont find a aftermarket fluid recommend for an Acura/Honda differential. just go to dealer and pickup its not very expensive. i paid less than $10 a quart for mine.
Joe

Originally Posted By: jmb106
thorromig, you wont find a aftermarket fluid recommend for an Acura/Honda differential. just go to dealer and pickup its not very expensive. i paid less than $10 a quart for mine.
Joe

I concur.

Had the same problem with nissan cvt oil
However what you might be able to do, is save a few bucks ordering through ebay.

EX
cvt nissan oil at dealer 12$/quart ; ebay like $7/quart

yep. you must use the acura fluid. the rear gear unit is NOT a differential. It is a spool with 2 electric clutches. It needs the right fluid.

There's an Acura AWD fluid. Be sure to replace it more often than every 100k - typical change intervals are in the 30-45k range as dictated by the Maintenance Minder system.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
There's an Acura AWD fluid. Be sure to replace it more often than every 100k - typical change intervals are in the 30-45k range as dictated by the Maintenance Minder system.

I believe the first is listed at 50k and then every 30k from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back