Recommend an oil extractor

AFAIK, there are no pneumatic MityVac extractors.
10 pumps, with 1 hand, extracts your crankcase. Maybe a few more at the end as you fish around to get as much oil out as possible.
The key is warm to hot oil...
Flip the flow direction switch, 10 more pumps and 2 minutes later your extractor is empty.
If you have to lift and tilt a full extractor, you will make a mess sooner or later.
Reverse flow is, in my opinion, a requirement. Otherwise the tool only does half the job.

Even though I have not used one, the pneumatic extractors seem to also have bicycle pumps that that's a non issue.
I am not a shop, just a garage wrench... I would have to set up the compressor, hook up the air hose and fire it up.
The MityVac would be half way done extracting before the pneumatic ever started... But that's just my situation; your's may be different.

Here's about 7 quarts full; flip that switch and empty that bad boy. I can do it in my Sunday best! Nice roll away, huh? Kinda dirty...
View attachment 108923
Which model is this one?

Another vote for Mityvac. I don't have an air compressor so I bought the one with a pump handle like a bicycle pump on top. My Jaguar is designed to have the oil extracted out of a co-axial tube in the center of the oil fill tube on the top of the engine. And it has a top mounted canister filter. It was actually a pleasure to do the last oil change after 50 years of crawling around underneath my vehicles to do oil changes.

It does have a feature to reverse the flow so you can transfer the fluid to a container for recycling but I found it quicker just to pull the rubber stopper from the top, turn the thing upside down and pour it through a funnel and into a container.

Another vote for Mityvac. I don't have an air compressor so I bought the one with a pump handle like a bicycle pump on top. My Jaguar is designed to have the oil extracted out of a co-axial tube in the center of the oil fill tube on the top of the engine. And it has a top mounted canister filter. It was actually a pleasure to do the last oil change after 50 years of crawling around underneath my vehicles to do oil changes.

It does have a feature to reverse the flow so you can transfer the fluid to a container for recycling but I found it quicker just to pull the rubber stopper from the top, turn the thing upside down and pour it through a funnel and into a container.
Exactly what I do... and the Mityvac turned upside down to drain completely fits perfectly inside a 5 gallon bucket... almost as if it were designed that way!

I have no complaints about my EWK extractor and I'm sure it will last my lifetime.

It's both pneumatic and hand pump. But the pneumatic suction is kinda slow. Hand pump is much faster and not difficult at all. Once it gets started you're essentially helping along a siphon.

Back