Recall notices and build date

LDB

My car, 2022 Ford Escape SE 1.5L FWD, has 3 recall notices for the make/model but none for my car by VIN number. The most recent recall was 03/2022. My car was built 05/2022. Is it safe to presume if your car is built after the recall date it will never be included in the recall?

I ran my VIN in NHTSA.gov and it says no recalls for my car. I just wondered if being made 2 months after the recall date was any sort of definitive sign.

It doesn’t mean it won’t ever be part of the recalls, just means its not part of the recall at this moment.

What often happens is they determine a range of affected vehicles and later add another range (and another and so on). In your case, your vehicle may be fine or it may get recalled later. I only see a recall related to an oil leak but the remedy is for the dealership to "inspect and replace if necessary" so it would seem that some of the components are blatantly defective and can be seen visually. That suggests a bad batch of parts that was resolved by the supplier and yours probably got a good part.

Back