Reasonable cost for PPF?

Who is the manufacturer of the PPF you are considering?
Premiumshield Elite.

I talked to the installer today. He says they wrap whatever they can but then certain things like where the fender and bumper meet, they can't wrap.

I got a quote from our local detailer for PPF work and it breaks down like this:
$1400 includes-
wash, iron, clay, polish entire car
apply PPF to front bumper, fenders, hood, side mirrors

Is this a reasonable cost for the work? The car is 2019 Honda Fit. The paint is still in pretty good shape and we'd like to keep it that way.
The ppf itself is inexepensive.

What is expensive is the prep work and application of the ppf so it doesn't look like crap standing far away.

You might want to watch this series:

So back to my original question, it seems you have quite a bit of experience in this. Would $1400 for the following work be a reasonable cost?

So back to my original question, it seems you have quite a bit of experience in this. Would $1400 for the following work be a reasonable cost?
If the price includes full panel coverage, it is cheap.

If the price includes partial coverage, then it is average.

Most likely they are only polishing the areas not being filmed.

If the price includes full panel coverage, it is cheap.

If the price includes partial coverage, then it is average.

Most likely they are only polishing the areas not being filmed.

Okay thanks. The quote says they are doing a wash/iron/clay/polish on the entire car and he said that to me over the phone as well, so I think I'm good there. It sounds like I can take it home and apply some sealant/wax/ceramic since they are doing the prep work on the entire car.

I did my front bumper, bikini style hood coverage, leading 1/3 of fenders, and mirrors for $800. XPEL Ultimate+. That was back in January 2020 and the car only required .5 hours of prep work because I drove it straight from the dealer to installer.

Following up, I got the car PPF'ed and I took it home and applied CQuartz UK 3.0.

I know some people think this kind of work isn't worth it on a Honda Fit, but I think it's the opposite. For a car that's a daily driver where we'll be taking it on road trips and we'll likely be keeping it for 10+ years, I think it's important to apply some protection so that it's not all chipped up and oxidized in 7 years.

fit.jpg

Following up, I got the car PPF'ed and I took it home and applied CQuartz UK 3.0.

I know some people think this kind of work isn't worth it on a Honda Fit, but I think it's the opposite. For a car that's a daily driver where we'll be taking it on road trips and we'll likely be keeping it for 10+ years, I think it's important to apply some protection so that it's not all chipped up and oxidized in 7 years.

fit.jpg
It looks great, nice job. The UK is also super easy to apply and not overly expensive. Good luck with it.

It does look great but I do second The Critic's post on making sure your paint doesn't fade; or rather fades evenly. I've seen PPF on friend's evos 3+ years after they had it done and the line where the PPF stopped at was dramatic (one on white, one on black.)

What PPF did you decide on?

The installer does premiumshield elite so I just went with that. Based on that video a few posts ago it seemed the premiumshield yellowed more quickly than some other PPFs. Oh well, at least it's protected from rock chips.

Back