Really got grilled at the post office today--sample kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
YZF 150, Don't take it personal!!

I'm not out to put anyone down,just making a broad statement.Belive me,you'd be surprised at how many folks get mad at me because I can't take the mail when I'm on a test drive in a postal vehicle.We have so many rules that we have to follow,and we are held fully responsible for what we do.
I will say this much...99% of the postal employees are very cordial and hard workers,and they REALLY care.

Tax dollars do not fund the postal service.

Maybe I can clear up some of this as I work for the U.S.P.S.,......

The Postal worker is just doing her job.They are bound by very strict regulations on what can be sent thru the mail.In this day and age of people suing everyone,the post office can't afford to have their name smeared.There is just too much competition these days.Just because YOU say it's motor oil,how is she supposed to really know?? All of this has happened since the 9-11 incident.

We have several chemicals in the shop that are very environmentally friendly.The days of using brake cleaner in a can are long gone here.When the U.S. Government puts anything on a list that is potentailly bad or hazardous,we get banned from having anything to do with it.

So in closing,be honest about what you are sending,and don't give them a hard time as they are just doing their job.

And please, no "going postal" jokes either,the Postal Service really frowns upon that.

Maybe this thread is at a point where we could use this...I heard one of our board members from Hong Kong was given a hard time at the Kowloon post office. He wasn't grilled though...he was...ummm...stir fried!

My experiences with the Blackstone mailer at the post office have been quite pleasant. Once I was asked "what is it?". I replied "oil sample, non hazardous" and that was it. The fact that this was after work and I was still wearing my company badge may have helped.

Ah, you said, "oil sample," not "motor oil sample." I guess you could try telling them it was a urine sample and offer to open it for their inspection (I doubt they'd want to see that!)

quote:

Originally posted by vvk:
Why not just slap a stamp on it and drop in any mailbox?!
dunno.gif

That's what I've been doing... six 37c stamps I if I recall correctly?

cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back