Real or Counterfeit ACDELCO UPF63R

I bought this case of filters off Amazon. Has anyone ever seen ACDELCO filters not sealed in plastic or boxes in a fleet pack?

Attachments

• IMG_5025.jpeg
    IMG_5025.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5027.jpeg
    IMG_5027.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5028.jpeg
    IMG_5028.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5031.jpeg
    IMG_5031.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 136
Blue label seems out of place, these are supposed to be Gold label last I knew anyway.

I don't recommend buying oil filters from Amazon.

I would like to see a counterfeit oil filter manufacturing operation. That would take some effort and not very cheap I would think.

I bought this case of filters off Amazon. Has anyone ever seen ACDELCO filters not sealed in plastic or boxes in a fleet pack?
I have never seen Delco sealed in plastic. The Ultraguard are top of the line filters. Heavy base plate, thick can, metal end caps and center tubes. Fleet pack is how dealers get them.

I've not seen AC Delco use the blue label or e-core for their UPF-R filters but the last one I bought (April of this year) still came in the older style box...if this is the "newest" UPF-R oil filter I wonder how it exceeds the current blue can from ACD...

I've bought several ACD filters from Amazon but only from the AC Delco Store...

Bill

It might just be the picture. It has a metal cage inside.
It is way heavier than a wix.
It was purchased from the AC Delco store.

Just heard from AC Delco. I sent the same pictures to their counterfeit department and they said the product was
original AC Delco. Glad I took the chance at these $16 for 12 ultraguard filters pretty good deal.

thanks for that update :cool: (y)...I believe the AC Delco Store is AC Delco...good to know the changes to the R filter since I buy the occasionally...

Bill

Back