raybestos r-line pads

Any thoughts on the R line pads? Do they dust very bad? Looking at RA these were less than 20$ for my Odyssey that we now keep as a 3rd vehicle. I had always used Honda pads but at this point don't see the need to spend the extra $60 on them and at the same time felt it was a good chance to try out a different pad. I could do pads and rotors for just the cost of Honda pads.

I recently used the EHT pads on another car and so far so good there, seem to work good and do not seem to dust too bad but I only have about 5k on them. On the other hand I was in a hurry and put local carquest gold pads on another and they do seem awful dusty. I've used several Oreilly/Advance iterations of pads over the years and they all seem to be dusty. Even the Honda replacement pads seem worse than the OE pads.

Does anyone know if the Advics pads on RA for Honda are the same as the pad sold in the Honda label from the dealer?

The Advics pads probably aren't 100% identical to dealer pads, but they are still good quality.

The R-Line pads are probably decent cheap pads, but the EHT doesn't cost that much more. Only a $6 difference on Rock Auto.

Whatever pads you get, pair them with Powerstop Geomet coated rotors.

R-Line is a brand of Raybestos, not a specific formula or anything so you will get something different depending on the application. It's their "non-premium" line. Some pads will be metallic and others ceramic and the dust will not be consistent between different part numbers.

Installed R line on an old Toyota. Too recent to know if they dust much. Seem to need less pressure on the pedal to stop. Rated FF. Had trouble with squealing which mostly went away with using double shims from the old pads. Some slight squeal only in reverse remains. Comes with v shaped springs which push pads off the disk.

Back