Raybestos pads - only one tattle?

D60

I'm putting some E3's on the rear of an '11 Forester. Only one of four pads had a tattler on it. Doesn't look like it fell off any of the other three.

It's not a huge deal but the pads I removed had a tattler on both inner pads.

My question is really if this was just an oversight by Raybestos or intentional?

Parts came from RA and pads were shrink wrapped in the box.
20230928_111438.jpg

Honestly I think intentional, and want to say it’s inboard? But to your point on my Akebonos all 4 have it.

We just got a pad so low it touched when braking, last month. Very annoying and embarrassing sound.

Honestly I think intentional, and want to say it’s inboard? But to your point on my Akebonos all 4 have it.

We just got a pad so low it touched when braking, last month. Very annoying and embarrassing sound.
Yeah I'm gonna put the lone tattler inboard, but from what I can see the pads are otherwise identical, which is why I said it's not a huge deal, but was curious if this was a packaging mistake from Raybestos

I had a tattler hit on the rear of an '02 Silverado and it was actually the most annoying when NOT on the brakes. It got quiet when braking....I guess the additional pressure made the tattler vibrate less (like increased feed rate on machine tools but that's a poor analogy)

My most recent purchase (Wagner) included one for each wheel but I have been shorted in the past. In those situations, just pull one off the old pads and install it on the inboard pad that is missing it.

Back