Ravenol RUP 5W40 with Liqui Moly Ceratec

WELL beyond the useful resolution of a $20 UOA. Accuracy here is not in the single PPM range, UOA's are a tool designed to identify contamination and determine suitability for continued use, not discern the minutiae of wear for the purposes of evaluating lubricant performance. It's like using an industrial pile driver as a framing hammer, it simply lacks the precision to perform the application in question.
The only thing I disagree with is, it could be used to detect other issues that aren't issues yet, like a slight coolant leak, but like you said, you want to see trends moving in a positive way for life, age, and to spot potential issues

The only thing I disagree with is, it could be used to detect other issues that aren't issues yet, like a slight coolant leak, but like you said, you want to see trends moving in a positive way for life, age, and to spot potential issues
Yes, I was factoring that in under "contamination". Silicon showing an intake tract leak is another contaminant that may show up. They can be good to send you to go looking for something.

Chicken-egg problem
Why complicate your life as oilmaker taking brand new additive, doing on your own all the expensive paperwork and tests.
If you can take validated and tested recipe (infineum,..) fill your bottles and slap certificates on it.

Tungsten so far i see in ravenol vst, and Molygen additive + their green oils. A non zero situation.
A non-answer. Plenty of other companies frequently tweak their formulas to the latest & greatest additives & release them as top-shelf, top-tier oils.

Mobil 1 AP, Valvoline Advanced, Pennzoil GTLs, etc…

Tungsten so far i see in ravenol vst, and Molygen additive + their green oils. A non zero situation.
My bad, rup also has tungsten.
Anyway, the Molygen additive has ton of tungsten over 12000ppm. So far I hadn't read a paper about negative effects when overdose. What exactly is overdose?

Subie, when I was reading voa on oil forums, some people could point finger to specific addpack, companies. Maybe similar oils are just clones. I guess thin margins and big competition. Rup is expensive, vst is not cheap either. Typical 5w40 I can have for half price.

Back