rapid indicator light problem 92 accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k whenever I go to turn on my driver side indictors light by the steering column the indicator system flashes a lot faster than it usually does compared with the passenger side indicator that remains at the speed it has always been at. But sometimes my driver side ind light will go back to the proper speed for awhile then return to rapidly flashing faster than it should. I was told this has something to do with the light bulbs but I checked and replaced them and it is still doing it...

any ideas

92 accord LX

Last edited:
(1) have you check to see if you have a signal bulb filament burned out?

(2) if none of the bulbs are burnt(or they have all be replaced with new ones w/o any results), consider replacing the flasher.

Q.

well the thing is have also have been having problems with the brake lights on the read driverside tail light since that model of car has 4 tails lights 2 for each side and one of the rear tail lights both the indicator and the brake light have been giving me trouble the indicator light is very dim can barelly see it even when the lights are flashing quickly and as for the brake light when the running lights are on it works but as soon as i apply the brakes it goes off completely and i have changed both lights and the problems continues. Could it be the power module that the entire tail light sockets for the that particular r tail light plug into...

Last edited:
Check/trace all the contacts from bulb sockets all the way back to the switches, fuse block, etc. and see if you can find corrosion, intermittent contacts, switch problems, poor/broken/intermittent groundings, etc. and such.

Also: if the vehicle has been in an accident, chances are, the wiring loom may have been damanged or mis-wired after the collision repair. I've seen many mis-wired rear signal lamps on cars running down the road: most of them would kick in their signal lights on both ends when they brake, odd chance of seeing one that when braking, the reverse light came on (both sides).

Lastly: this should be a fairly straightforward affair and if you cannot resolve it, please find someone whose competent in electronics/electrical repairs and then go from there.

Q.

I will check for corrosion but as for the fuse it can't be i have never touched the fuses

It's usually a bad bulb, or a bad ground. Check your grounds.
If the 4 ways or other signal side flashes properly the flasher is fine.

yeah thats it the passenger side works 100% the only problem i am having is with one of the two rear driver side tail lights, the indicators flashes way too fast at some point and also is very dim, and then the brake light doesn't go on when i apply the brakes but the running light for the bulb comes on. but the other rear tail light next to it on that same side works 100%

Last edited:
is this the system up front under the steering column or the relay in the tail light

Go to the dealer and ask to see the rear tail light assembly on the screen then ask if they can show you the wiring for it. See if it is just grounded to the body. If it is then check where it grounds. Bet you it's not making 100% contact.

I'm 99% sure it's a poor ground somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back