• filter Mann ML1002.jpg
    filter Mann ML1002.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 35
  1. Mann
  2. Mahle
  3. Baldwin
  4. Baldwin
  5. Bosch

1 and 2 can switch if you want, 3 and 4 are basically the same.

Why, well, why not.
I would use any of them if they fit.
If I had to pay retail for them, then none, I would probably use something else.

Of the one's shown Bosch seems to have filtration efficiency available, and is good.
99% @ 20 micron

Why is it so low on others list?

I could find one of the Baldwin was 18micron Nominal; 40micron Absolute

Could not find any info on the others.

Of the one's shown Bosch seems to have filtration efficiency available, and is good.
99% @ 20 micron

Why is it so low on others list?

I could find one of the Baldwin was 18micron Nominal; 40micron Absolute

Could not find any info on the others.
Bosch is made by Purolator, and Purolator will always be on the bottom of my lists.

In terms of efficiency, The Wix is inferior to a Fram.
Gonna have to be more specific. Are you referring to an XP? Then yes, those are trash. I assume you're also referring to an Ultra? That's the only FRAM that has my respect, but based on one lone experience with one I won't use another unless I don't have a WIX/NAPA Gold option when one is needed. It made the valvetrain pretty noisy. Maybe it was a defective filter, maybe it was coincidence, but when I switched back to a WIX it disappeared.

Bosch is made by Purolator, and Purolator will always be on the bottom of my lists.
I know the Bosch is made by purolator but it is one of their better filter designs. I know purolator has a bad reputation on here since tears were discovered in the media. I've used a lot of these filters w/o any issues. No - I did not cut them all open, just 3 and they looked fine. I still buy them when rockauto has a good deal at about $3 and I'm happy. I also like the Mann filters atleast until ownership changed. Other than that - I agree overall with your ranking.

Mann & Mahle German made? Pretty good, but some Mann ones are made in the Purolator factory, as is the Bosch-which means "caveat emptor"! I've never heard anything bad about Baldwin, and every one I've used has been fine (although efficiency is a little low).

Back