Range Time Tomorrow--Anyone Else Heading Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to the range tomorrow with my youngest. He is in JROTC and is becoming quite the marksman. We will breaking in two HK VP9 and a Glock 17 G4. I loaded 600 rounds in a couple hours on my XL650--the case feeder makes a huge difference and saves lots of time. I really like Alliant BE-86; it burns really clean and lower flash than many pistol powders. I shot the last of the WWB ammo last week after buying it in droves when WM clearanced most of it. I am not sure what powder they are using, but it is the filthiest I have ever seen. It leaves a sticky soot residue that takes a little cleaning to remove.

I picked up 10K of 9MM mixed range brass a few weeks ago and processed it to be ready to load. Here is the finished product:

[Linked Image]

Shot a round of 100 sporting clays this morning with some coworkers. 50-some degrees and sunny. Nicest day we've had this year. My shooting, on the other hand, wasn't as pretty as the weather.

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
Shot a round of 100 sporting clays this morning with some coworkers. 50-some degrees and sunny. Nicest day we've had this year. My shooting, on the other hand, wasn't as pretty as the weather.
Nice! This is my next "project". Both boys want to learn how to shoot sporting clays, so I picked up a Dillon SL900 in 12 gauge and set it up, but have not used it yet. We have a nice range across town, but the temperatures here are on the rise so I think this will be a fall exercise.

What shells/load do you use? I plan to load Remington STS with STS wads, Red Dot powder, and #9 shot.

I usually go during the week. Less people. I've got a couple of new Beretta pistols coming in next week. So I'll be anxious to crank them up when they get here.

Hopefully next weekend I'll take the .338LM out again, it's the been the .308 the last few outings.

Heck yeah! Lately I have been hitting the outdoor range a lot. I recently moved and know a guy with a membership to a pretty nice place. He goes at least once a week and I've been joining. Breaking out guns I haven't used much and burning up serious ammo. I've also been shooting a lot of handguns. Gotta blow the dust off. Popped off 400 rounds Thursday, 200 9mm and 200 40. Had the model 29 out and ran about 8 cylinders through it the week before. The nice weather is welcome and so much nicer to go shoot in. Taking some 45's next. Plan to run a few hundred through each.

I'm headed out to the in laws farm tomorrow to try out my new SE122 tactical, and see if any morels are up yet.

Hit the range on Thursday. Spent a few mags of .308 and several hundred rounds of 9mm. I love to doctor up some mags with dummy rounds. Makes things interesting...

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
What shells/load do you use? I plan to load Remington STS with STS wads, Red Dot powder, and #9 shot.

I typically shoot Remington Gun Club Target Loads in 7 1/2.

A few of the more serious in our group (the ones who shoot a round of 50 at least every week) have seriously discussed reloading. They weren't able to make the economics come out though.

Here in Michigan, this is the first nice weather weekend. That means devotion to cleaning up (outdoors) the front and back of our residence.
I'll delay going to the outdoor range for another couple weeks.

Originally Posted by TurboLuver
I'm headed out to the in laws farm tomorrow to try out my new SE122 tactical, and see if any morels are up yet.

Morels are great eating! Haven't had them in years. Used to fry them with butter in an iron skillet!

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Morels are great eating! Haven't had them in years. Used to fry them with butter in an iron skillet!

That is the way I prepare them too.
thumbsup2.gif

I'm excited to get out and try out my first belt fed firearm - a Bulgarian RPD. The rain just won't stop here in NW Ohio. Still a bit early here for Morels but they are right around the corner!
smile.gif

RPD pictured in front of it's big brother, the DPM
[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back