Rancho Shocks - Who's used them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta love the results of salt and rust to suspension bolts. I'm sure you'll have it done tomorrow and sounds like the Rancho's are working out good.

Sounds vaguely familiar to replacing the fronts on my F150. One trick for me now is if I know I'm chucking the shock, I break out the big breaker bar and snap the top stud right off and don't bother with trying to free the rusted nut anymore. Much less frustrating that way...

The bottom bolts were so bad with corrosion I replaced them when got them out. What's one more trip to the auto parts /hardware store, right? Pounded them out with a small sledge and metal rod to punch the bolt out.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
Sounds vaguely familiar to replacing the fronts on my F150. One trick for me now is if I know I'm chucking the shock, I break out the big breaker bar and snap the top stud right off and don't bother with trying to free the rusted nut anymore. Much less frustrating that way...

The bottom bolts were so bad with corrosion I replaced them when got them out. What's one more trip to the auto parts /hardware store, right? Pounded them out with a small sledge and metal rod to punch the bolt out.

Comically enough, at least on the drivers side (I'm headed back out to do the passenger side here shortly) the top nut came right off with a 3/8ths ratchet. It was only the bottom one that was giving me problems.

Got the last one in. It was just as much of a PITA as the other front one. Didn't enjoy that at all.

But, good to know they are in now.

Went for a drive to get gas. Ride is only a little firmer than stock. However, body pitch and roll is much better and lean around turns is greatly reduced.

Very impressed. They are not a "hard" ride at all in this vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back