Ram Rearended my Protege

Had this MP3 Protege a while ago. No mechanical difference but was certainly a hot looking thing. Only gripe was the price of dealer parts were quite more expensive than other makes.

large.jpg

Insurance will total it but you will probably come out pretty good as was mentioned earlier vs what the car would actually sell for. Buy it back which will be cheap if you love it or want to part it out. That rear body panel probably requires replacement but a hammer and some time could make it so a junkyard deck lid will latch. I’d imagine less than $100 to retain it or try negotiating with them as you saved them tow/storage by driving it home. The sale price for this car at Copart wouldn’t cover Copart’s fees and the tow to the auction so they may just let you retain it and not deduct anything.

Had this MP3 Protege a while ago. No mechanical difference but was certainly a hot looking thing. Only gripe was the price of dealer parts were quite more expensive than other makes.

large.jpg
I wish I could find an MP3. They actually had some minor differences including a limited slip differential and a smarter ECU capable of advancing timing based on the fuel grade used. They would get the normal 130 hp on 87, but were able to do 142? i believe with 90+ octane. I also really liked the body on those cars. They had a neat factory body kit and spoiler.

Insurance will total it but you will probably come out pretty good as was mentioned earlier vs what the car would actually sell for. Buy it back which will be cheap if you love it or want to part it out. That rear body panel probably requires replacement but a hammer and some time could make it so a junkyard deck lid will latch. I’d imagine less than $100 to retain it or try negotiating with them as you saved them tow/storage by driving it home. The sale price for this car at Copart wouldn’t cover Copart’s fees and the tow to the auction so they may just let you retain it and not deduct anything.
I will have to see how this goes. I am currently searching for a green parts car or near the state of Arkansas. Sadly it is a kind of harder color to find.

Largely for the hassle of dealing with the situation of needing to replace the vehicle with something else for what they will give you.
How would you like to have an older vehicle you maintained religiously, wanted to keep a few more years to be totaled by someone rear ending it?
Now you gotta find something to replace it with the money they gave you. The problem is that you most likely wont find something as good as what you had and the accident ends up costing YOU money, since your now making a vehicle payment or paying more for a later model car.

Auto accidents and suing isn't some new trend that is going to escalate the cost of insurance. That has already happened decades ago.
really a sad state of affairs if you think it's acceptable to take 20K just because someone tapped your bumper. Just remember karma is a b!tch. I won't partake in fraud myself.

I wish I could find an MP3. They actually had some minor differences including a limited slip differential and a smarter ECU capable of advancing timing based on the fuel grade used. They would get the normal 130 hp on 87, but were able to do 142? i believe with 90+ octane. I also really liked the body on those cars. They had a neat factory body kit and spoiler.

I will have to see how this goes. I am currently searching for a green parts car or near the state of Arkansas. Sadly it is a kind of harder color to find.

I almost bought a Mazdaspeed.

Yes that was its own model.

Back