Rain-X Windshielf WAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick review on a product I've never heard or seen this before. Rain-X Windshield Wax. I bought 2 bottles at OLLIE's Closeout store for ~$2.99/6oz bottle. I thought it was the R-X Glass Treatment until I opened the plastic squeeze bottle.

This product is actually a very watery liquid windshield wax(not the clear alachol) that when applied to the glass, goes on like a wax and dries very, very qiuckly(especially in the heat) and has to be polished off.

I do like the finished results on the glass but, I don't like the way the wax(while removing) balls up and starts to load up the paper towel or cloth. The particles of dried wax drops down toward the windshield wipers and has to be blown or wiped away, causing a bit of a mess, more that I'd like or really want to deal with on a regular basis.

So, I may just use up this product and be done with it. Since I have never seen the product in the past, I can see why is now at closeout stores.

Anyone ever heard of or used this product?

i found it the same place, thought it was the other stuff too, and had the exact same results. Same as you, I'll use it up but it is too messy to get more.

John

I bought it once by mistake. It builds up with the wipers and makes a streaky mess. The rest of the bottle takes up space in my closet, but it is junk.

Now i read the label closely to buy the orignal.

Ahhh, so you guys feel the same way?
Because I really like the Clear Rain-X Windshield Treatment, their Latitude Beam Style Wiper Blades and how the 2 work well together!

Every single review that I've just read online, states the same thing that we've all experienced. How did Rain-X not know this going into the market? Some of these reviews were from '05.

It has rained here since my application and the Windshield WAX seems to works the same as the R-X Origional. Although, when first turning on the wipers at night, I did get a bit of wiper "chirp" but, the noise went away.

And, I DID NOT get that rainbow(ing) effect at night that I often experience with the R-X Origional, when the light of oncoming car hits my windshield. So, that a plus!

I mean, I can use the R-X WindWax carefully and probably get decent results but, it's messy to use and I don't want to apply it on a )))HOT((( day...early morning only!

I don't have my OLLIE's receipt any longer so, I guess I'll be keeping the stuff and use it carefully. But, I am going to use it up NOW!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back