Windshield Rain Repellent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: urrlord
Several years ago I picked up a squeeze tube of rain glass treatment,it had the consistency of soft butter and worked better than any other treatments I tried.I cannot remember the name.The guys at O'Rellys said they had a box of it that had got pushed to the back of a shelf in the storage room and had sat there for several years .I think I paid a buck for it.The tube was blue/black/white IIRC

This stuff?

Unelko, which was the original inventor of Rain-X before selling it off, continued to offer a glass care line under the Glass Science brand. ORAP was one of the few places I recall seeing it.

Originally Posted By: Carmudgeon
Originally Posted By: urrlord
Several years ago I picked up a squeeze tube of rain glass treatment,it had the consistency of soft butter and worked better than any other treatments I tried.I cannot remember the name.The guys at O'Rellys said they had a box of it that had got pushed to the back of a shelf in the storage room and had sat there for several years .I think I paid a buck for it.The tube was blue/black/white IIRC

This stuff?

Unelko, which was the original inventor of Rain-X before selling it off, continued to offer a glass care line under the Glass Science brand. ORAP was one of the few places I recall seeing it.

yep that was it

I've always wanted to try a sealant or aquapel, but have used rain-x without a problem since the late 80s. I don't get the glare that some report. It's fast, cheap, easy, and lasts well enough such that it's not a pain to reapply every month.

I've read about fake aquapel on amazon. I don't know if that's true or not, but it comes up in detailing forums from time to time.

Rain x or Klasse all in one polish.

Rain x works great but is notoriously hard to remove after applying. Use many sheets of clean paper towel to remove completely or you'll end up with streaking or oncoming headlights looking hazy at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back