Acoustic Laminated Windshield

Yes, poor quality glass is the problem. It's why I insist on OEM glass for my higher end vehicles.

My old S2000 Honda was sandblasted badly so I changed the windshield with a cheap Safelite. It scratched immediately, and within short order appeared to have a film on it. Yes, it was nice to have a windshield that I could drive into the sun with. But the problem became worse in some ways, as night driving was far more difficult with that Safelite windshield.

Hyundai/Kia is well known for this.

They make a specific product for this. Worked well on my Fusion with the acoustic glass when I accidentally tripped the wipers after a bunch of sand was deposited on the windshield/wipers by a dump truck.

Yes, poor quality glass is the problem. It's why I insist on OEM glass for my higher end vehicles.

My old S2000 Honda was sandblasted badly so I changed the windshield with a cheap Safelite. It scratched immediately, and within short order appeared to have a film on it. Yes, it was nice to have a windshield that I could drive into the sun with. But the problem became worse in some ways, as night driving was far more difficult with that Safelite windshield.

Hyundai/Kia is well known for this.
This is exactly what happened to the windshield in my Sonata. I’m embarrassed by the amount of scratches it has with only 27K miles on the odo.

Back