Race oil with OE approvals. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see there being anything with Canadian laws. I can see there being a problem with Ravenol itself or some of the online retailers. Some oil on Amazon shows as shippable to Canada, some not, and I'm talking similar grade and specs, just depending upon brand. As for Blauparts, it's certainly possible that they would ship it. I haven't ordered anything from the speciality German places in the States since I had the Audi.

If Ravenol's going to be Stroll's lubricant supplier in 2019 and the product isn't available in Canada, Lawrence is going to look silly; well, not much more silly than buying a team of pink cars worth hundreds of millions of dollars so his son can have something to do, but that's another matter.

Yeah, I gave up on F1 after the V-10 days, and don't even follow it in even the most minimalist sense anymore.
(I would not even know what you are speaking of, if not for it being all over Ravenol's site.)

Now, the WRC, THAT is another story, and I like following a series which uses vehicles which are at least in a similar form to what one can buy for street use, and used on fully public (albeit yes, closed down for the special stages) roads.
wink.gif

Engines change, and I have to accept that.
wink.gif
Don't worry, the complaints are all the same, irrespective of era and formula.

I like WRC, but coverage isn't the greatest. For road type vehicles, GT coverage isn't too bad with streaming of WEC, not to mention other GT stuff on YouTube.

As for Ravenol, I'm sure they could leverage some shelf space here somewhere. The team's 2019 car is supposed to be introduced at the Canadian international auto show, which is probably a first for Canada with respect to F1, so it might be nice for the sponsors to be of some value. McLaren is working with Petrobras, and they stand to look even more foolish. While I certainly haven't oil shopped in the UK, I highly doubt the shelves there are loaded with Petrobras products.

Originally Posted by dbias
Here is another of the racing oils that carry some factory approvals and some impressive numbers such as HTHS of 3.9, NOACK of 6, and still has a pour point of -51. Looks to be a mid saps.

https://www.ravenolamerica.com/moto...il-ravenol-rup-racing-ultra-performance/

Ya. I'm a little weary of using a 40w being that my car has been relegated to intra-city driving on urban highways.

I recently purchased a years' worth of oil for my GTI. Ravenol REP 5w-30 and RUP 5w-40. (Black Friday sale). This will go in once the Red Line I have is used up.

Originally Posted by BobFout
I recently purchased a years' worth of oil for my GTI. Ravenol REP 5w-30 and RUP 5w-40. (Black Friday sale). This will go in once the Red Line I have is used up.

Their REP is a good, stout (NOT starting TBN-wise, but in every other way possible) oil.
thumbsup2.gif

I would use it if it were not for the Euro oil spec 5W-30 level HTHSV, which is a bit 'thick' for my engine's tastes, save for open track/time trial uses in the summer.
wink.gif

Glad you mentioned that. I switched to Red Line (and will later to these Ravenol oils) as I had planned to already have the Stage 1 tune loaded by now....soon hopefully.

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Originally Posted by BobFout

Their REP is a good, stout (NOT starting TBN-wise, but in every other way possible) oil.
thumbsup2.gif

I would use it if it were not for the Euro oil spec 5W-30 level HTHSV, which is a bit 'thick' for my engine's tastes, save for open track/time trial uses in the summer.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back