Quinn (HF) Master Impact Socket Sets

I have the 1/2 inch Chrome Metric deep set. They've been great. I like the Brand.

What I tell all new/apprentice techs, get a good thorough entry set and add to it as needed. You add/replace ANY tool that breaks/cracks or causes heartbreak. Most are surprised about how many tools that are never touched, and how many are overused often and then get replaced by the tool man truck. https://www.sears.com/craftsman-500-piece-mechanic-tool-set/p-A102532125

I use the pittsburgh/quinn/icon stuff and have no complaints. I have various brands collection and HF hasn't been much of an issue, as were the craftsman/husky/kobalt from LowesDepot/autopart/Ace... Nothing is light or back up. Work'em until your income allows better, or when they break or cause inflammatory remarks.

HF has 4 levels of impact sockets. Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Pro, Icon and Quinn.

I think the Pittsburgh Pro or Icon would be a good middle ground impact socket.

Almost everything from Icon seems to be $54

HF has 4 levels of impact sockets. Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Pro, Icon and Quinn.

I think the Pittsburgh Pro or Icon would be a good middle ground impact socket.

Almost everything from Icon seems to be $54
Oh, so the Quinn is a step above the Icons?

I just got the lcon semi deep metric and standard 3/8" drive chrome sockets. Seems pretty nicely made.
IMG_20230606_185501878.jpgIMG_20230606_185319954.jpg

Zoro sometimes has a good coupon code, the Proto USA impacts can be a good deal. I have owned them for many years and no complaints.

Here ya' go.

If they sold a multi pack of 10mm then they would really be on to something. :D

Went to HF and picked up a set. Should be good for a year before the witches, wizards, and magicians use sorcery to make them all disappear. I am also glad that I am not the only one with 10mm sockets that grow legs and run away.

Back