Questions for Nissan Versa Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom got a 2009 Nissan Versa this summer and brought it over last night for an oil change - PP 5W-30 and Purolator Classic. This was my first time working on this car, and I've got a few questions for anyone familiar.

Is there a jack point in the front of the car under the engine? The manual only lists the two points under the front doors, requiring you to jack each side and place a stand, rather than jacking the front center, lifting both wheels off the ground at the same time. No big deal, it just takes longer.

Any grease zerks? I'm so used to new cars not having them, I forgot to look.

I thought I saw a transmission drain bolt, does anyone have any experience with drain and fills on these CVT's? I'd be interested to know how much comes out through the drain hole and what shape the fluid was in at what mileage.

The air filter looks easy to change.

Any other comments or tips on keeping these cars in tip top shape? Any thing else to keep an eye on?

The Nissan Versa has no zerk fittings.

I had a friend who did a CVT fluid change at 30,000 miles as specified by Nissan. The oil looked brand new. I think he had to put in 3 quarts of CVT fluid at $13.95 per quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back