Quaker state ultimate durability in a 2.0 EcoBoost?

Been running Castrol edge 5w30 in my 2.0 EcoBoost Fusion for last 3 to 4 oil changes now but my oil change is coming due and noticed QS ultimate durability is on sale for a great price at Canadian Tire and Castrol is not... Was wondering what everyone thinks of QSUD these days....

What specs does Ford recommend for the Eco boost and which specs does the Quaker state meet?

Not sure about Canada, but Quaker State Ultimate Durability is now called "Quaker State Full Synthetic".

They must have made the change when they reprinted the labels for API SP.

I bought a bunch of the stuff recently when Walmart priced them down to $14/5qt. I've used it a handful of times, I consider it top tier oil, should perform on par with the Castrol Edge you were using previously. Your engine probably won't know the difference, both are great oils.

I've been using it in my 3.5 EcoBoost for 3 years, I'm a fan. It's one of the quieter oils I've used in my EcoBoost. Menards used to have it on sale for $3 per quart after rebate a few times a year and i stocked up.

If wanting to run spec'd oil and it meets your specs, run for as long as your OLM indicates.

One vehicle gets an annual OC on St. Patrick's day with the green bottle. Great Stuff!

1613957425193.jpg

I have ran it in our 16 Fusion 2.0 in the past, I switched all cars over to supertech synthetic based on price. Our ecoboost oil always smells like gas and I do 4,000-5,000 mile oil changes on it.

Should be good. I ran Pennz Plat in my Fusion 2.0 when I owned it and it ran great. QSUD should be g2g.

Depending on how urgently you want/need to do the change, you might be better off waiting for Pennzoil Platinum/Ultra Platinum to inevitably go on sale at Canadian Tire (it isn't this week, at least in my market). I say this not because there is necessarily a significant performance difference, but because Pennzoil has a rebate promo on while Quaker State doesn't.

I've been running QSUD 5W-30 since about 2017 in my Golf with 6 Months OCI which usually amounts to 4-5K miles.
It's a good motor oil. But I'll be migrating to M1 ESP 5W-30. Hoping to catch it on sale at Napa or some other place.
It's quite a bit more money than QSUD but more appropriate for my 1.8 TSI GDI/Turbo engine which Gokhan confirmed.
Here are numbers and add pack for QSUD.
QSUD.jpg

I ran QSUD 5W-30 in my F150 3.5EB, which gets abused. I tow a travel trailer around UT, WY, and ID. It routinely hits 240+ F coolant temps towing grades in 95+F heat.

i think you will be just fine 😂

QSUD 5W30(and QSUD in general) is one of my go-to oils. It used to me the GO-TO oil for my vehicles but W*M ST FS is in 1st place for me now. Not that I think that ST is better, it's just always available at a $lightly better price.

QSUD 5W30 has this Ford WSS-M2C946-A, WSS-M2C946-B1.
5W20 has Ford WSS-M2C945-A, WSS-M2C945-B1
0W20 has Ford WSS-M2C947-A, WSS-M2C947-B1

Back